Rors' non-theoretical pipedream stuffabout hoon bike

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm not sure about the peanut butter grips. They look like they match the bronze but will fade and tire quickly...

Dark green / black not a viable option?

Also, note this is from the guy with pink grips to match the frame.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I'm not sure about the peanut butter grips. They look like they match the bronze but will fade and tire quickly...

Dark green / black not a viable option?

Also, note this is from the guy with pink grips to match the frame.
I reckon black grips and pedals would work if I went with some tan wall tyres? I found the below on a facebook group, reckon it looks pretty good
Maybe some Ikons

1665381001760.png

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Gold and green might do it. IMHO, it is hard to go badly wrong with the reverse colour scheme.

For my visit to the exciting world of matchy matchy, I did the same. Here is my sticker kit and end result.
I was really in two minds and generally can't be arsed to worry about sticker kits but I had idle time on my hands while it rained big time :)
I have to admit in hindsight that it sure caps it off for a tiny investment compared to most other more spendy things.

20220427_124959.jpg
20220716_165611.jpg

Rorschach

In a rather ridiculous turn of events, my groupset arrived today - well packaged and complete as far as I can see. Thats 2 weeks from ordering on Ali and AusPost dropping them today
This means I need to sort myself out and get some more bits in.
Have the remainder of things in my wish list on MTBD so will hit go on them when I get paid tomorrow, and order the fork graphics. Think I'll go with the grey and bronze.
Also thinking of going with the PB grips and bronze pedals and black tyres. These are easy to change later on.

Rorschach

OK, payday so have bought the last few bits.

Went with the grey/bronze fork decals:

1665731173976.png

Also bought the last few bits from MTBD to finish it off:

1665731237917.png

Also got some grease, cable cutters and crimps to have a go at putting it together

I am excite!

Rorschach

1667877233231.png

It begins.
Tonights job was taking the frame wrap off and using some tea tree oil and degreaser to give the frame a clean.
Also greased up the BB and put that in.
I'll be working on this when I get time, likely an hour at night once the kids have gone to bed and life admin has been completed (boo!)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
View attachment 394287

It begins.
Tonights job was taking the frame wrap off and using some tea tree oil and degreaser to give the frame a clean.
Also greased up the BB and put that in.
I'll be working on this when I get time, likely an hour at night once the kids have gone to bed and life admin has been completed (boo!)
Welcome to the rabbithole.

Rorschach

So first ride tomorrow ?
With my mechanical aptitude, I’ll be lucky if this is done this year given I barely know one end of a hammer from another
It’ll need at least 2 trips to a competent mechanic to fix whatever I inflict on it, plus getting the brakes switched over from yank style to moto style

Rorschach

Ok, got a bit more time at this tonight after a tough couple of weeks. Got the rear mech on and wired up so it shifts and am halfway through the dropper install - would have finished that but the youngest woke up not happy so had to settle him for an hour.
Fork decals are on too.
A few more goes and it should be rideable, even if the brakes are wired yank style.
Please critique my routing - this is my first time so need some tips!

PJO

in me vL comy
Ok, got a bit more time at this tonight after a tough couple of weeks. Got the rear mech on and wired up so it shifts and am halfway through the dropper install - would have finished that but the youngest woke up not happy so had to settle him for an hour.
Fork decals are on too.
A few more goes and it should be rideable, even if the brakes are wired yank style.
Please critique my routing - this is my first time so need some tips!
It is looking good @Rorschach!
Don't forget to put your chainstays into the longest setting before cutting your chain. You can always shorten it later if needed...

EDIT: American style brakes, blech! I once rode one of my mates bikes who has his brakes set up that way, nearly killed myself (slight exageration) pulling the wrong brake at the wrong time.