Rotorburn Leaderboard.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Well done mate! Looked pretty solid too, I don't think 200 is that far away:)

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Well done mate! Looked pretty solid too, I don't think 200 is that far away:)
Thanks mate! Might keep adding 2.5 a week and see how I go. I'm pretty sure I've lost weight too. Was 93.5kg yesterday though not sure how accurate my scales are. 2x BW squat would be gooooooooood

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Holy shit. PR every day.

Everybody should get on this program I wrote - I haven't seen so many gains since I started.

Today I hit 90kg bench touch and go for 6 ( 2 rep PR). 150kg high bar for an easy 3 (2 rep PR).

Gym (for 6 weeks)
Bench – 6x6
Close Grip Bench – 5x10
Tricep extension 5x10
Overhead Press – 7x5
High Bar – 6x6
Calf Raises 4x10

Sumo – 6x6
Dead – 7x5
Bent Over Row – 4x10
Hang Power Clean – 5x3
One Arm Row – 4x10
Curls 4x10

Bench – 7x5
Push Press 5x5
BB Muscle Snatch – 5x5
Arnold Press - 4x10
Side Raises - 4x10
Face Pull - 4x10

High Bar - 8x4
Low Bar – 7x5
Front Squat – 5x5
Overhead Box Squat – 5x5
Calf Raises – 4x10

Bench – 8x4
Curls – 4x10
Abs – 4x10
Abs – 4x10
Calf Raises 4x10

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Good stuff mate!

Quick question/after some advice from you guys.

I want to get back into gym but the last few times I've gone hard my back's eventually given out. I'm fairly sure its either squat, dead or both. I focus really hard on my form and take it painfully slow in terms of adding weight but it still happens. Should add I do have a couple of compressed discs (xray a couple of years ago)

Where can I go for some decent advise on form? I'm from eastern melbourne (ringwood area).

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Good stuff mate!

I want to get back into gym but the last few times I've gone hard my back's eventually given out. I'm fairly sure its either squat, dead or both. I focus really hard on my form and take it painfully slow in terms of adding weight but it still happens. Should add I do have a couple of compressed discs (xray a couple of years ago)

Where can I go for some decent advise on form? I'm from eastern melbourne (ringwood area).
http://www.mobilitywod.com/ - ignore all the Crossfit propaganda :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/sanfranciscocrossfit/featured
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5zrloYWwxw

The combination of Chris Duffin and Kelly Starrett should set you up well. Kelly Starrett has a great book called "Becoming a Supple Leopard" which gives you everything you need to learn how to move correctly, how to lift correctly and how to mobilise correctly for each movement. It's like a 9/10.

I think it's very important to understand how your body is moving. I film myself deadlifting and squatting basically once a week as I don't train with any competent lifters or coaches. Be critical of yourself at all times.

Last edited:

ajay

Good stuff mate!

You need to inlist the services of someone who really knows their stuff. Books, videos, filming yourself is a worthy addition but you need a bench mark.
You can be taught perfect form but if your biomechanics don't work that way then an injury is imminent.

Murray Ballenden who works out of TSR in Chadstone (not super close to you, but not toooo far) can give you great advice. He's a stickler for form, a biomechanics junkie, strength and conditioning coach, and was one of the top BJJ fighters in the country. He'd be worth booking a one on one with. I'm sure there's dozens of others...

Also Richard Knapp @ Bodyunity in Elwood is a really good Osteopath who fixes up broken lifters!

Sorry it's a bit out of your way... but worth considering.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
You need to inlist the services of someone who really knows their stuff. Books, videos, filming yourself is a worthy addition but you need a bench mark.
You can be taught perfect form but if your biomechanics don't work that way then an injury is imminent.

Murray Ballenden who works out of TSR in Chadstone (not super close to you, but not toooo far) can give you great advice. He's a stickler for form, a biomechanics junkie, strength and conditioning coach, and was one of the top BJJ fighters in the country. He'd be worth booking a one on one with. I'm sure there's dozens of others...

Also Richard Knapp @ Bodyunity in Elwood is a really good Osteopath who fixes up broken lifters!

Sorry it's a bit out of your way... but worth considering.
That's what I was thinking, I might look into Murray. It's not too far away. Might also try and pick up that book, thanks callan.

ajay

Well done man!

Mobility... urgh... is it your hips? Try some prying goblin squats in your warm up:)

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Well done man!

Mobility... urgh... is it your hips? Try some prying goblin squats in your warm up:)
My hips are a joke. It's mostly a super tight psoas which causes me to round at depth unless I do shit loads of mobility. It seems to be fine for high bar though.

I'm going to try anything and everything haha!

Was that you that commented on the video?

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
So I think my deadlift is finally moving well again. Did 180 x 5 today with my best attempt at a neutral spine. Stoked! Equal PR but with much better technique. This implies about 225kg for my 1rm which would be a 7.5kg PR. Keen to see how it is in December.

https://instagram.com/p/8Mmvy0tupg/

ajay

Looks really solid man. Good work.

When would you test a single again?

My max is only slightly higher than my 10RM, so I rarely test anything below a 5...

ogjon

Likes Dirt
As a master PT I'm sorry to say but that vid of the guy doing a push-up was horrid his head & neck were out of alignment with his spine simple fix to get a perfect push-up is to put a piece of Dowling on your back (bum, back, shoulders , neck & head should all touch the doweling @ the same time throughout the entire push-up)

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
As a master PT I'm sorry to say but that vid of the guy doing a push-up was horrid his head & neck were out of alignment with his spine simple fix to get a perfect push-up is to put a piece of Dowling on your back (bum, back, shoulders , neck & head should all touch the doweling @ the same time throughout the entire push-up)
What video are we talking about?