Rotorburn Leaderboard.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
As a master PT I'm sorry to say but that vid of the guy doing a push-up was horrid his head & neck were out of alignment with his spine simple fix to get a perfect push-up is to put a piece of Dowling on your back (bum, back, shoulders , neck & head should all touch the doweling @ the same time throughout the entire push-up)
Horrid? Come on... his neck being 5 degrees off is hardly horrid. His mid section was tight as, that's where push ups become "horrid".

Dilstub

Likes Dirt
Finally broke my 6-month bench plateau, up to 95kg now from a previous 80. No idea how that happened, but i'll take it!
Deadlift is moving well too, pulled 150x13 two weeks ago, and a 200kg single this week at 76kg BW.

Also, what belts are you lot using? I currently have a tapered belt that I bought in Kyrgyzstan which is falling apart a bit, looking at getting an 4" Inzer Forever belt to replace it.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Finally broke my 6-month bench plateau, up to 95kg now from a previous 80. No idea how that happened, but i'll take it!
Deadlift is moving well too, pulled 150x13 two weeks ago, and a 200kg single this week at 76kg BW.

Also, what belts are you lot using? I currently have a tapered belt that I bought in Kyrgyzstan which is falling apart a bit, looking at getting an 4" Inzer Forever belt to replace it.
200kg @ 76 is impressive!

I've got an Inzer 13mm lever and can't fault it. Guy at my gym recently broke his Harris 13mm belt after 3 months (all their products are shitty cheap knock offs it seems). Inzer has lifetime warranty I believe.

Dilstub

Likes Dirt
Do you rate the lever? I usually squat with a slightly looser belt than i deadlift with, due to the way the belt sits right at the bottom of the squat, I feel like a lever will require an adjustment twice a week to account for this. But then, it's gonna be easier to use with a lever....

Definitely gonna go for the 13mm Inzer, just unsure on whether to go single prong or lever as there's no price difference. Leaning towards prong through.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Do you rate the lever? I usually squat with a slightly looser belt than i deadlift with, due to the way the belt sits right at the bottom of the squat, I feel like a lever will require an adjustment twice a week to account for this. But then, it's gonna be easier to use with a lever....

Definitely gonna go for the 13mm Inzer, just unsure on whether to go single prong or lever as there's no price difference. Leaning towards prong through.
I love it, but I rarely change its position. See plenty of guys using the prong online, though I think it would be difficult to put on tight (i often have my belt super tight and the lever makes it easy).

Dilstub

Likes Dirt
I love it, but I rarely change its position. See plenty of guys using the prong online, though I think it would be difficult to put on tight (i often have my belt super tight and the lever makes it easy).
I'm going to see how much variation there is in belt size between deadlifts and squats tonight, then go from there. If it's not huge then lever it is.The ease of being able to just flick a lever, complete a set, then flick it off between sets without actually taking the belt off is quite appealing.

Do you notice the underloop of the belt at all?

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
I'm going to see how much variation there is in belt size between deadlifts and squats tonight, then go from there. If it's not huge then lever it is.The ease of being able to just flick a lever, complete a set, then flick it off between sets without actually taking the belt off is quite appealing.

Do you notice the underloop of the belt at all?
Not really, though if you aren't careful you can pinch yourself. I've definitely had some bruises from squatting deep high bar in it, but as I mostly focus on heavy low bar squats, I never really go deep enough for the belt to get uncomfortable (I wish I could though... that's a story for another time).

In other news, first time using the slingshot today. My all-time best benches are 105 x 1, 90 x 6, 95 x 2 I think. Today with the slingshot I got 100 x 4 and 110 x 2, relatively easy. It's definitely giving me the confidence to start benching "heavy" as it's plateaued for the past year! Damn it felt good.

big gags

Likes Bikes
I know it's not in your list of categories but I run a bootcamp twice a week at work and a couple of months back I challenged the group to join me in a one hour bodyweight squat challenge on a Friday morning. Only one girl took up the challenge and after a quick warmup I started the stopwatch and away we went. The only rule was that each squat had to break parallel with the thighs and we had a whiteboard which we put a line on for each 10 reps so that we could keep count. I'm about 102 kg and 6'5" cm and the chick's about 60 kg and 5'5" and when we started I was doing sets of 20 and she was doing sets of 40. By the 30 minute mark my legs were killing me and I was a couple of hundred squats behind. I was also down to sets of 10 and she was down to sets of 20. I kept on going and slowly started to close the gap but there was no way that I was going to catch her. I ended up with 1163 squats and she ended up with 1320!!

My quads and gluteus were pretty sore for the rest of the day and I was a bit sore when I went to bed that night. The dog woke me up in the morning to go out for a piss and I literally couldn't get out of bed!! I had the worst case of DOMS that I have ever had and basically hobbled around all weekend like an old man. What made it worse was when I caught up with the chick at work on Monday she said that she was a bit sore on Fri night but was fine all weekend. I got revenge in the end though as her DOMS for whatever reason kicked in on the Tuesday and she was hobbling like an old lady for Tue/Wed.

So what do you guys reckon - is it worth adding to the leader board as a new category?

Cheers,

Gags

ajay

One hour bodyweight squat challenge.

So what do you guys reckon - is it worth adding to the leader board as a new category?
I'm not sure you'd get many people posting numbers for that! But kudos to you none the less, that sounds heinous.

big gags

Likes Bikes
hehehe - no Rhabdo for me, just severe DOMS!!! Didn't Craig Gordon get Rhabdo a few years ago when he rode over 300 km to win the world 24 hr solo mtb championship? I know that image of the clown is from cross fit and I have seen some criticism directed at it in the past and trivialisation in regards to "Uncle Rhabdo" as it is apparently a pretty serious condition that is potentially life threatening!!

I think I might give the 100 burpee challenge a crack next week - might be interesting!!!

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
hehehe - no Rhabdo for me, just severe DOMS!!! Didn't Craig Gordon get Rhabdo a few years ago when he rode over 300 km to win the world 24 hr solo mtb championship? I know that image of the clown is from cross fit and I have seen some criticism directed at it in the past and trivialisation in regards to "Uncle Rhabdo" as it is apparently a pretty serious condition that is potentially life threatening!!

I think I might give the 100 burpee challenge a crack next week - might be interesting!!!
Haha, it blows my mind that people have a pet name for it! It's such a serious condition!

ajay

Haha, it blows my mind that people have a pet name for it! It's such a serious condition!
I'm out of the loop with the names, but is it when your body burns all it's fuel and starts to break down protein (ie muscles)? Pretty sure that's what happened to Gordo, he limped across the line, straight to hospital.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I'm out of the loop with the names, but is it when your body burns all it's fuel and starts to break down protein (ie muscles)? Pretty sure that's what happened to Gordo, he limped across the line, straight to hospital.
The membrane around the muscle ruptures, myoglobin (like haemoglobin but only lives in muscles) leaks out into the vascular system, kidneys can't filter myoglobin, renal failure occurs, death occurs 2-3 days later if untreated. It's not common, but it is catastrophic when it does occur - unless medical aid is prompt, basically means the person was stupid enough to ignore their bodies feedback and had enough mental endurance to keep pushing. Usually only occurs to well trained people so they are fit enough to keep going, often in hotter conditions and often something like a cold or something else is involved, I had a variant last december from a tramatic injury, piss is a brown colour as a really simple diagnosis - then you get get to enjoy dialysis for a week.

We teach this to excise science students, just in case they ever come across it.

big gags

Likes Bikes
Did the 100 burpee challenge this morning - 7m40s. Was a bit of a killer and one of the guys at work who I did it with managed it in 5m33s!!