Rotorburn Leaderboard.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Did the 100 burpee challenge this morning - 7m40s. Was a bit of a killer and one of the guys at work who I did it with managed it in 5m33s!!
5.33.... damn that's 1 every 3 secs. Hauling ass. 7:40 is nothing to sneeze at either, we'll done. I'm baked after 20.

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Quick update on Callan.

Had food poisoning around 2am Tuesday morning. Managed to consume a total of 300 calories, a solid 10% of my daily intake that day. Got pretty close to 1000 cals yesterday. Silver linings is I look great and feeling super lean.

#summerofcallan

my02

Likes Dirt
Nice work. Not surprised you're putting up some bigger figures on the power clean - I think it was only a matter of time.

I've had some time off as I've been feeling a bit burnt out (not been feeling it since September - wah wah wah). Going to take Xmas off (3 weeks in the UK won't really help with training anyway) then hoping to come back into it next year.

I've finally got my squat feeling dialed so I'm now getting that settled and starting to build the weights. Last week was 140 x 3 for 5 sets to start getting comfortable. I think that my old goal of 180 should be doable by Easter however I'm trying to sort out my programming so that I'm up on volume but with lighter weights for the bulk of the cycle then ramp up 2-3 weeks before testing.

Still can't get comfortable with sumo / S.sumo although I was pissing around with it at my apartment gym last week and managed a 200 rack pull just about 2-3" below knee. Not earth shattering but the technique felt comfortable. Need to play with it some more.

Mind you I also want to up my conditioning to help my riding so I'll be doing more tyre flips, KB swings, prowler work etc to get my fitness up and get down to around 115 (reckon I should be close to an almost 6 pack at that weight.......unless Xmas utterly derails it!).

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Nice! You on FB dude? https://www.facebook.com/callanr

Have you been at Lift?

I've decided to join the gym my brother works at in Parramatta. I'll be going 1-2 times a week. Should be good to have regular coaching!

Also, narrowly missed 80kg hang power snatch today:

12355083_10153848027232193_720113899_n.jpg

my02

Likes Dirt
Sent you a FB req.

No more LPC. I like the break during my day so am still training at my gym next to the office. Not brilliant but does for now.

DBS Barbell opened around the corner from me tho which is VERY tempting.

Membership expires in March so will have to weigh things up...

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
Two weeks off due to back injury (bikes have fucked me for life).

First day back "heavy". PR city.

100kg power clean x4 reps
100kg hang power clean x3 reps
105kg hang power clean x1

We all gunna make it. I reckon I could hang power clean 110kg if I was fresh.

rsquared

Likes Dirt
With power based (watts) training becoming more and more popular and accessible, how about adding peoples Functional Threshold Power (FTP) and watts p/kg onto the leaderboard? Thoughts?

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
112.5kg bench this week for my new 1rm. Lol.

My estimated squat is 185-190, and my dead 220-230.

Orangutan arms

Are these the best exercises for building core strength for mountain biking?
Just my opinion but I believe they are the best main exercises for building functional strength. I use assistance exercises to target specific weaknesses of my own, e.g. calf raises and split squats.

If you're interested, check out Starting Strength which is a fantastic program to start on. I'm now doing a 5/3/1 program.

Dilstub

Likes Dirt
5/3/1 is a fantastic program. I'm using the full-body template of it currently, which has you squatting every session instead of once a week.