rotorburn performance at night

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Just trying to work out if many people are finding the site really slow at night?

The server load is very low, my suspicions are that our data center host are over subscribed and squeezing us into an over used pipe.

Either way I'm planning to move the site to two brand new servers in a new data center in the coming month.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
it's painfully slow for me at the moment...

cant say i remember if it was at night or not, but every now and then the site will time out as well.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey

Finding it really slow here.

I've noticed it over the last two evenings, but also noticed it during the day today.

Hopefully you can get it sorted.

Cheers.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm on the NBN. Nothing is slow................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

John U

MTB Precision
Yep, pretty slow last night. I thought it was all the work I was meant to doing (but wasn't).

redbruce

Eats Squid
Hi everyone,

Just trying to work out if many people are finding the site really slow at night?

The server load is very low, my suspicions are that our data center host are over subscribed and squeezing us into an over used pipe.

Either way I'm planning to move the site to two brand new servers in a new data center in the coming month.
Yep, around 6:30 firefox just kept timing out. Very frustrating.

Not the first time it has happened and I have been assuming to many 'burners on at one time.

Seems not.

I might add Rotorburn is the only forum I ever experience this issue with.

Last edited:

Capone

Likes Dirt
Its a little slow now and then but hey with this countries shocking internet there could be 48473737 reasons

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
The NBN is only as good as the connection speed available to the host of a particular site.
as well as the provisioned bandwidth of your nbn service provider. Eg: dodo nbn still crap because they over subscribe users to small bandwidth backhaul pipes.

Just because you're on NBN doesn't mean you'll automagically have a great connection, you still have to have a good service provider.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
it's painfully slow for me at the moment...

cant say i remember if it was at night or not, but every now and then the site will time out as well.
Same with me. Frequently been getting time outs at night.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Ditto here too, been noticing it for a little while. Definately us, because other sites/forums run at normal pace.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
depending on a few factors we may be across on the new servers as soon as next week. I've got to do some testing and more configuration in the meantime.