Rotorburn staff - moderators of the site

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No, the REAL question to ask his female companions - is that a Sonic Screwdriver, or are you just happy to see me?
Proof that turbo nerds get play! I'm not a watcher of the show (since I was a wee tacker), is the general vibe that he is boning those hotties? Or are they just in there knowing teen boys need something to take away from the show?

redbruce

Eats Squid
Hahahahah, jeeeeeesus christ, mate. You HAVE to be kidding me!

Ok, I'll tell you how it works; you hang out on this website for a while, the other mods and site owner like the way you conduct yourself and you get offered the role. Simple as that. So if you're going to make a complaint about me or any of the other mods on this site, best of luck!!

Internet forums.

Serious.
You're saying, up to a point its what you know, but then eventually who you know. But once you are in, then its sacrosanct.

Just a fact of life I guess.

Last edited:

nathanm

Eats Squid
I don't get the continual questioning of and dislike for the mods. It's just an internet forum, if you don't like it don't come here.

I also love the fact Moorey is slowly convincing more people he's actually a mod.

Oh and I remember the day's when Johnny was a lot, lot meaner (don't red card me again please)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Holy crap, Red Bruce is going back and editing his posts now to make them read completely differently than they did yesterday.

This is beyond belief and I hate the fact that I have allowed myself to be drawn in to petty internet dramatics like this.

The only thing that tops my own embarrassment for being part of this is the embarrassment I feel for redbruce given the way he has and is continuing to act.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Holy crap, Red Bruce is going back and editing his posts now to make them read completely differently than they did yesterday.

This is beyond belief and I hate the fact that I have allowed myself to be drawn in to petty internet dramatics like this.

The only thing that tops my own embarrassment for being part of this is the embarrassment I feel for redbruce given the way he has and is continuing to act.
Oi! Where have the posts all gone? It was a great bit if entertainment :D. Now just looks like the rest are mad and replying in an alternate universe. - or maybe I just dreamed it........

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
All the posts are still here, although one of them has been largely altered by redbruce since this morning.

You're probably thinking of the MTB in the ARMY thread where all the silliness started.

For the record, I don't delete or alter posts after the fact unless I'm cleaning up some one's for sale thread or removing highly offensive crap like gore or shit some one has posted under an alias simply for the sake of abuse.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
All the posts are still here, although one of them has been largely altered by redbruce since this morning.

You're probably thinking of the MTB in the ARMY thread where all the silliness started.

For the record, I don't delete or alter posts after the fact you
unless I'm cleaning up some one's for sale thread or removing highly offensive crap like gore or shit some one has posted under an alias simply for the sake of abuse.
Or you are trying to hide the love affair between you and Dozer.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid

For the record, I don't delete or alter posts after the fact unless I'm cleaning up some one's for sale thread or removing highly offensive crap like gore or shit some one has posted under an alias simply for the sake of abuse.
Ah yes- sorry brain fade of the first order - btw, don't look in the crash thread if gore isn't your thing :)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member

Or you are trying to hide the love affair between you and Dozer.

Ha! I might clear that up now.

That thread was about forum behaviour, using the whole FIRST thing as a starting point. I posted first in my own thread sayin "I've got this.....". But Dozer deleted my post and put his own "First....... :)" in there, being the smartarse that he is. So my revenge was outing his feelings for me and breast implants for us all to see.

Minlak

custom titis
Ha! I might clear that up now.

That thread was about forum behaviour, using the whole FIRST thing as a starting point. I posted first in my own thread sayin "I've got this.....". But Dozer deleted my post and put his own "First....... :)" in there, being the smartarse that he is. So my revenge was outing his feelings for me and breast implants for us all to see.
Why didn't you lodge a complaint with moorey about Dozer's behaviour? Moderators have to be held accountable on this subscription site. We pay good money and that shouldn't be tolerated.......

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
You're right. The mods get paid a lot of money and their actions have far reaching consequences given the critical importance of internet forums on real life.

I mean, won't some one please think of the children?

redbruce

Eats Squid

Guess that's all a personal perspective/point of view.

For the record, the edited component (post#43) was:
1. Where I alluded to/assumed an apparently overly sensitive button in Johnny relative to other (specifically Gay reference in the quoted thread link) potentially or actual contentious perspectives, and relative to the (well maybe me, based on experience with many other forums associated with my other interests) assumed role, accountability of moderator. A point I might add similarly commented on by another respondent, ie. "suggesting that consistency is lacking, that is the issue. So much shit and abuse on this site is let slide - especially sarcasm and abuse towards new members, but suddenly this one post in particular is an issue").
2. Background influence/assumption (based on stated education; political policy, multi language competency, and top 7 consultancy employment, and hopefully associated I hopefully associated social science) so the question, why you didn't leave it at post #36. And yes, there was an attempted association with the standard of policy analysts (who'm I should point out I work with frequently) and the confidence/ scepticism (or otherwise we place in them and the Politicians so advised.

In hindsight probably too much assumption and not enough evidence on my part (although it has caused me to re evaluate the validity/value of post editing). Everything else still stands.

Does that make a "substantial" difference to subsequent events and outcome?

And, yes, I'm a little embarrassed, though not exactly for the reasons you propose.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
It's not the outcome that is in question, the outcome was inevitable and I tried to make that clear to you right at the outset. Nothing has changed other than the fact you and I spent part of our Friday evening in e-combat. I am still a mod, my conduct will not change and the way we mod the website will continue as is.

We know we are inconsistent in the way we run the forum. Just as the law is inconsistent in the way it is applied to society, the way policy is applied by pollies and the way the wind blows across the sky. Welcome to the reality of life. We aren't pricks here, we rarely power trip and ban people because we can (you're still here, aren't you? Likewise is Mitchy after we locked horns where you've linked) and we very rarely even lock threads. Every now and then we'll pull people in to line and hopefully that will pass a message on to other users as well. We prefer this place to remain relaxed and lighthearted and we also want to enjoy our own time here as well. Sometimes we err in the way we do things, as I'm sure everyone does in the way everyone does things. Can't change that.

Where I do feel that editing posts well after the fact is out of line is that it can leave a person unaccountable for their actions. If other people's responses to what you post remain in place then what you have done to elicit that response should also remain in place. You complain that my revealing of your complaint/post report undermined confidence in the system. Then you edit your posts after the fact undermining our ability to hold you accountable for what you've said and any confidence in future discussions with you - especially those of a serious nature. Editing like that makes you look sneaky and untrustworthy. No one can have a serious conversation with you without fearing that you will go back and edit your posts to alter the reality post-fact.

At the end of the day I really don't care, it's just a forum and as I said I'm embarrassed that I even got in to it with you. If I wasn't a mod and didn't feel some responsibility and duty to explain myself then I just would have ignored you and moved on to something else more enjoyable.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You're right. The mods get paid a lot of money and their actions have far reaching consequences given the critical importance of internet forums on real life.

I mean, won't some one please think of the children?
Holy shit! I just looked in the mirror and discovered that I'm loosing a bit of hair off the top. Not only this, but there was a few greys in what is left. At first I thought it was just the way the light was hitting me, I am not normally in the bathroom this time of day. But then I remembered...fucking Johnny strikes again! You bastard.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Holy shit! I just looked in the mirror and discovered that I'm loosing a bit of hair off the top. Not only this, but there was a few greys in what is left. At first I thought it was just the way the light was hitting me, I am not normally in the bathroom this time of day. But then I remembered...fucking Johnny strikes again! You bastard.
D'oh. Just read he is a nice guy now. I feel out of touch, but I'm scared to change my post.