Rotorburn strava

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Got a feeling this could get big membership. Could be annoying but why the hell not.

Hopefully I don't get kicked out of the club to setup a 'Roadburn' club ....

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Probably good to make a rule for no car Strava. A little bit of effort to pause Strava for the climbs while shuttling is good etiquette and not only avoids bogus hill KOMs, but also bogus meters climbed data.

However, having said that, one thing that really irks me about Strava is that sometimes meters descended are counted as meters climbed (only when you're doing chair lift days or occasionally shuttles with zero climbing on any runs). Many people including myself have alerted the developers to this annoying glitch, but they still haven't fixed it.

It's also very climb-centric, I don't care about how many meters I climb in a month (and I climb a lot, probably ~1000m every session), I'm way more interested in how much vertical I'm clocking up. Strava doesn't log meters descended.

How do we get some segments for burners to contest happening on the group?

Minlak

custom titis
Probably good to make a rule for no car Strava. A little bit of effort to pause Strava for the climbs while shuttling is good etiquette and not only avoids bogus hill KOMs, but also bogus meters climbed data.

However, having said that, one thing that really irks me about Strava is that sometimes meters descended are counted as meters climbed (only when you're doing chair lift days or occasionally shuttles with zero climbing on any runs). Many people including myself have alerted the developers to this annoying glitch, but they still haven't fixed it.

It's also very climb-centric, I don't care about how many meters I climb in a month (and I climb a lot, probably ~1000m every session), I'm way more interested in how much vertical I'm clocking up. Strava doesn't log meters descended.

How do we get some segments for burners to contest happening on the group?
Pffft as if use a car just EPO it

Digital EPO is a website that allows you to ‘enhance’ your ride data before you share it with your friends, teammates and so on. It lets you cheat, basically.

Countless riders have gone to great lengths over the years to convince people that they’re better than they actually are. Often that involves drugs, but drugs cost money, they’re potentially dangerous, and you run the risk of a ban. If you’re going to cheat, Digital EPO is an altogether less hazardous way of doing it.

Why go to all the trouble and pain of training and actually working up a sweat? You simply need to go for a ride at whatever intensity you like, upload your ride to GarminConnect or a similar performance-tracking website, then export it out as a TCX file.

Then you upload it to the Digital EPO website, entering the amount of ‘juice’ you want to add to your ride. So, you can increase your speed, lower your heart rate, or increase the amount of climbing you’ve done. Then you can upload the file to Strava or something similar and bask in your undeserved glory.

As an exercise in Mickey taking, we reckon it’s quite funny. They say that you know you’ve made it when people start lampooning you, so we guess that means Strava has definitely hit the big time.

We can’t see it going down too well with people who take their KOMs seriously, though. In fact, we’d urge you not to get involved. Cheats never prosper – ask multi-millionaire Lance Armstrong. Oh no, hang on, that doesn’t work.

Anyway, check it out here: http://digitalepo.com/

Article written by Mat Brett from www.road.cc

Nautonier

Eats Squid
The digital EPO thing is bullshit. It's the ultimate in pissing in the sandpit and ruining the fun for everyone. I wonder how many angry emails the developer gets every day. I don't take Strava very seriously, but I object to the idea of cheating on any level, or sabotaging a tool that others use for useful data.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'll likely to join in a month or so as I'm not riding too much at the moment. Keen to see how I go agains the other Canberra cats!

scblack

Leucocholic
I just joined.

Digital EPO is easy to pick out. You log into the ride, (and here I forget which analysis to look at) - but the normally smooth line of data is a jagged, edged line.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Got a feeling this could get big membership. Could be annoying but why the hell not.
Should be nothing to get annoyed with. I'm in quite a few clubs (most of which i don't even check) and you don't see other club member's rides in your feed unless you follow them (as per usual).

You only know the club exists by way of the little icon on your dashboard. It's up to you to conciously go in and check out all the activity.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Is there a setting where only activities that are allocated to select bikes are included in the group total so that any of my road kms don't get counted?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Is there a setting where only activities that are allocated to select bikes are included in the group total so that any of my road kms don't get counted?
There's been people squealing for years wanting strava to distinguish between MTB and Road rides with no luck.

One thing that can be done by the Admin (Johnny Maher) is select the leaderboard by time rather than Km's, so if I spend 2 hours on my roadie and ride 60km, then someone else spends 3 hours on his MTB and covers 25km, the greater time will be above distance on the leaderboard.

Might be a better option for a MTB orientated group.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
There's been people squealing for years wanting strava to distinguish between MTB and Road rides with no luck.

One thing that can be done by the Admin (Johnny Maher) is select the leaderboard by time rather than Km's, so if I spend 2 hours on my roadie and ride 60km, then someone else spends 3 hours on his MTB and covers 25km, the greater time will be above distance on the leaderboard.

Might be a better option for a MTB orientated group.
But then if I do 4hrs on the roadie it will still sit above both... does TrailForks have an option to create a club as it already filters rides based on bike type?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
But then if I do 4hrs on the roadie it will still sit above both... does TrailForks have an option to create a club as it already filters rides based on bike type?
We have a winner !

4hr Roadie should be 100km+, so you will be up there with the distance or the time regardless.

Trailforks... do many people here even use it ?