Rotorburn strava

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I've jumped on too.

Is there any way you can delete a segment from a ride? For example if you are shuttling and you left it on accidentally on the way back up?

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
I've jumped on too.

Is there any way you can delete a segment from a ride? For example if you are shuttling and you left it on accidentally on the way back up?
Don't think so. The only editing I know of is to crop either the start or end of a ride.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Installed Strava again just now. Seems theres already over 50 members. Anxiety-inducing!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Y'all ain't dragging me back into the Strava hell hole again.

Every second ride turned into either a personal best or KoM attempt. Bloody ruined just getting out & having fun.

Now I just have fun. Life is good.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt

Every second ride turned into either a personal best or KoM attempt. Bloody ruined just getting out & having fun.

Strava and fun aren't mutually exclusive. You can have one, the other, both, or neither. At least you're riding!
:D

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt

.....insta videos are your digital EPO

rstim

Likes Dirt
I'm in, convenient that I actually rode today can be a while between Strava logged rides for me.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Strava and fun aren't mutually exclusive. You can have one, the other, both, or neither. At least you're riding!
:D
I agree with that. I've only ever qualified for one KOM, until a prick road the fire trail next to the actual trail and claimed the KOM!

Other than that, I love trying to beet my best time. Makes me focus on technique, break the barrier, etc. etc. I am definitely my toughest competitor. I'm still able to ignore the challenge and just ride too, especially given most of my riding is commuting and I'd kill myself if I rode at 100% every day!

rstim

Likes Dirt
No kudos for you, ya cheeky showoff. No I'm not envious...not at all. Nope.
I'm just extremely lucky that Derby is my local trail centre get to ride it year round, it was the reason I got into MTB in the first place.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I'm just extremely lucky that Derby is my local trail centre get to ride it year round, it was the reason I got into MTB in the first place.

Make the most of it. My hills can be practically measured in centimetres.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless

100% … I can see that.

Hopefully the Burner Stravites don’t end up straight lining everything. I and many others have spent a lot of time filling in the straight lines at our local trails with branches and stuff. The straight lining is cheating and boring. Who wants to ride a trail where the corners have been taken out. All so some knob can e-brag that he is faster than some other knob.

The problem I have with Stravaholes is that when they are going like a cut cat and you’d swear they’re the number one race leader in a national event… everyone else is just out for a ride. So, when ordinary mtb punter gets in the way, Stravahole gets pissed off he missed out on his KOM and ordinary mtb punter gets pissed off he was shunted off the track.

But I must say, strava segment explorer is super handy though… regularly use that and trailforks when at new trails to us.

I’m way too old to be quickest at anything, and don’t care anymore. I just want to ride as often and for as long as I can in my life, and have as much fun as possible.

Anyway, have fun with it, but just keep in mind that not everybody wants to be number one race leader, and/or gives a fuck.

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
Joined up, I enjoy Strava for the ride info it gives me and the bragging rights back to my mates in Sydney who don’t have the same access to trails we have in Canberra. My wife likes the beacon function as I ride a lot by myself.
I’ll be at Stromlo tonight to start my activity off

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
Nice one.

There are those who like to hang shit on Strava, making generalisations about the role of riders who are into it.
Screw them I say. Strava is what you make if it. I use it to see how I fare compared to others riding same trails. I keep track on the efforts of my mates. I use it to find new trails.
I think it's a great tool, but I don't obsess over it and certainly don't let it get in the way of fun.

Enjoy the ride.