AM V2 Spitfire

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Love the Banshee, especially in Raw. Red is my choice but I'm not going to kick yours to the kerb. Embrace the blue I say!

Mine (a Prime) used to creak a little until I took all the pivots apart and re assembled with Loctite (blue).

Since then the only other creak has come from the seat post collar / clamp.

And it's interesting to hear yours doesn't climb well, is there a set up issue? Either way, lovely looking bike and 100% would ride.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I've had a creak from the clutch on my RD using an oval ring as the derailleur moves twice with every rotation.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And it's interesting to hear yours doesn't climb well, is there a set up issue? Either way, lovely looking bike and 100% would ride.
Looks like he used to run Ardent tyres beforehand. Going to a big DHF and Aggressor setup simply rolls slower. The near on 15kg kerb weight won't be helping on the climbs either. But it looks like this thing was built to rip downhill so I'm sure it's not a major concern

Love the raw and blue, no need for blue anodised parts, keep her simple

goobags

Likes Dirt
Definitely no major concern with its climbing ability. I still make it to the top, just a bit slower. I’m relatively fit so still beat plenty of people up hills on it, I just won’t be setting any records. Also did 30km and 560m vertical so it was a bigger ride than usual.

I notice the difference from Ardents to DHF/Aggressor the most on the flats or on the slightly downhill. Certain lines I have to pedal through now and also notice it on some dirt jumps not being able to clear the last two jumps without pedalling. It’s all a trade off though as the grip in corners and braking is phenomenal and I’m not looking forward to ever going back to a less aggressive tyre.

The noise was playing on my mind even after the ride. I reckon there are two sources. I had the seatpost prior to this ride so I’ll look there first since there are more creaks while seated than standing. In saying that is still creaks while pedalling standing, but not when I’m bouncing on it while stationary. Also had the shock out prior to this ride as it needed a second birthday so I will check mounting hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goobags

Likes Dirt
Ride update after 241km total.

Fun - lots of fun, very forgiving and bulk grip.

Minor update, sourced a XT shifter and Zee derailleur. Shifting performance is still a bit average. Have a new XT cassette and KMC chain on the way to hopefully sort it. Ergonomics are better and that tiny little derailleur is a big F U to everyone with Eagle which makes me happy.

Suspension update, had a mate turn up a new spring perch for the fork as I bought a green spring from a Fox 36. Same spring diameter but different spring perch, also different free length of spring. Made it a few millimetres shorter as the blue spring had too much preload. So basically, now on the green spring which I’m at the lower weight range on and still bottomed it out twice. Put 5psi or so (need my digital gauge) mid ride but still used full travel. Will get the digital gauge and do it properly. May even put another click of HSC on the RC2 damper but that will be it maxed out.

Bit surprised I’m using full travel front and rear. Either I’m a more aggressive rider than I thought or heavier than I thought as on paper I’m oversprung.

Anyway bike is going well, coil suspension is where it’s at and that damn noise is still persistent even after taking the seatpost out and regreasing.

goobags

Likes Dirt

Bit of a spruce! New pivot bearings, new rear hub bearings, good scrub of the chain and cassette, repaired the derailleur clutch, serviced the dropper as it was spongy, new rear tyre and a new bottom bracket.

Other notable changes from the last update; longer dropper, 4 pots all round, carbon wheels and a DBCoil with a progressive spring after trying an X2 for quite a while.

Cannot wait to ride it just holding off until the end of the hardtail Superflow series at GV this weekend

PJO

in me vL comy
That's a proper job on the back rim!
The DT freeride rim should hopefully withstand the abuse a bit better.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Another one! How old is the frame?
I bought it second hand in 2018 and always assumed it was a 2017 frame. 1200km on it by me most of it XC style with a bit of enduro.

Dang. What size? Banshee had spare FT’s of S/M/XL’s…but not the large I needed.
Large FFS. Should have sold it to you cheap while it still had mud over the crack

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Terrible news. Hopefully Banshee will have front triangle for you.
I take it there's no reliable repair solution with this aluminium?

moorey

call me Mia
Terrible news. Hopefully Banshee will have front triangle for you.
I take it there's no reliable repair solution with this aluminium?
Not in large unfortunately. Been waiting months while factory and warehouse were in and out of lockdown. They don’t have a L v2 front anywhere :(