Rotors

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
Can a 203mm rotor replace a 200mm rotor ?
Is it just a matter of using some washers as spacers ?
Cheers

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
Thanks, washers it is then. I may have trouble finding some the right thickness so will just modify or make some if need be.

I just did not want to splash out on extra adapters ect. 203mm rotors seem more common than 200mm

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
See if someone has spare ali cone washers that Sram and sometimes Shimano use. Easy to file down but I have always found a couple of stainless washers were fine. Though I turned some last time but you need a lathey thing for that.

moorey

call me Mia
Thanks, washers it is then. I may have trouble finding some the right thickness so will just modify or make some if need be.

I just did not want to splash out on extra adapters ect. 203mm rotors seem more common than 200mm
Buys ebike, won’t buy a $10 adapter. Sounds legit.

slowmick

38-39"
Head to bunnings with brake caliper bolt in hand. Go to metric bolt section, find a packet of brass machine washers, the are about 0.5mm thick. Spend $3 on packet.

moorey

call me Mia
Head to bunnings with brake caliper bolt in hand. Go to metric bolt section, find a packet of brass machine washers, the are about 0.5mm thick. Spend $3 on packet.
$3! Didn’t you read his post in other thread, lamenting the cost of running an Ebike. Or was that @outerlimits? I tend to confuse him, I mean them...no, him.
The belt in my motor is recommended replacement is at 15000km. The battery recommended replacing at 700charge cycles, but should still retain 75% capacity after 400 cycles.
I have done 2500km, 55 charge cycles, battery capacity at 95%.
On the 3rd set of brake pads, second set of tyres, chain number 6 and cassette number 2.

Definitely pitfalls to owning a ebike and it’s probs why I would Bork at buying a $10 component if I did not have to.

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
Maybe try a motorcycle forum for braking information more in line with your "riding" preferences.
I don’t think they would help, but maybe worth a try. I see KTM make both moto and mountain bikes. And Magura make brakes for both, and ohlinns I think that’s what they called make suspension for both. But they have a bit of a recall situation on their Mtb forks at the moment.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I don’t think they would help, but maybe worth a try. I see KTM make both moto and mountain bikes. And Magura make brakes for both, and ohlinns I think that’s what they called make suspension for both. But they have a bit of a recall situation on their Mtb forks at the moment.
I give zero fucks. You ride a motor bike and pretend it's a mountain bike, so your input is about as valid as whoever it is that runs the local supre.

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
I give zero fucks. You ride a motor bike and pretend it's a mountain bike, so your input is about as valid as whoever it is that runs the local supre.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. You can put it into whatever box you like that’s your prerogative, and you have the right to your opinion. It does have a motor, and is a bike, so you a very well entitled to call it as such.
I believe, it is far closer to a Mtb than you believe it is. Pretty much every component is the same as a hooman powered bike, with the exception of the motor and battery, and thus the frame to accommodate them. I believe they are good for the industry, and getting bums on bikes. It would be ignorant and selfish to just poo poo them all together. I accept them every bit as much as I accept hooman powered bike no matter what their breed. I see great benefits to getting bums on bikes for the whole Mtb community. We are seeing more and more development of trails around the country as such.
I don’t want to change your mind, but I hope that one day you would accept them as Mountain bikes, and hope you never find the need to ride one.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You @Kind_cir underestimate my prick levels...you have a special section of the forum for discussing your shit heaps, something that was specific designed to appease your wringing and crying about not being accepted as a mountain biker. As a sign of gratitude to those that have provided you such a space and to those who have accepted the sanctity of that section, how about you stick to that? I've been polite enough to not pollute that section with my thoughts at the risk of upsetting you and your other weak arse looser comrades, a little courteousness in return would serve you well. In the mean time believe and dream all you want. You're a boring yawn and I'm certain that you only have an account here to either spruik e-bikes because you have a vested interest in them or you're a 1001 level troll.

Also...you say trail development, I say trails I have freely ridden for a long time are being destroyed by selfish incompetent dickheads such as yourself. The new breed of trails are also mostly boring and bland events designed so useless cucks can power along them and feel something. The same cucks who don't turn up for build days.

Last edited:

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
You @Kind_cir underestimate my prick levels...you have a special section of the forum for discussing your shit heaps, something that was specific designed to appease your wringing and crying about not being accepted as a mountain biker. As a sign of gratitude to those that have provided you such a space and to those who have accepted the sanctity of that section, how about you stick to that? I've been polite enough to not pollute that section with my thoughts at the risk of upsetting you and your other weak arse looser comrades, a little courteousness in return would serve you well. In the mean time believe and dream all you want. You're a boring yawn and I'm certain that you only have an account here to either spruik e-bikes because you have a vested interest in them or you're a 1001 level troll.

Also...you say trail development, I say trails I have freely ridden for a long time are being destroyed by selfish incompetent dickheads such as yourself. The new breed of trails are also mostly boring and bland events designed so useless cucks can power along them and feel something. The same cucks who don't turn up for build days.
Yeah, I agree with this being not the place to bring up ebikes. It was a thread I posted about brake rotors, with no mention of ebikes. ( they share the same rotors as hooman powered bikes after all ) some 1001 level troll must of brought it up, they may of even referred them as motorbikes. Forgive me if I’m wrong, i’m Trying to use language that is familiar with you.
I am grateful there is space for such discussion in the ebike section. There are a lot of no ebikes commenting there however, but that does not fade me and I accept that, and their right to their opinions, and those of yourself.
Arh, we are such a varried breed and it would be boring if we all rode the same trails, I like variety. I’ll continue to help build and maintain trails for the, as you put it “Cucks” in knowing I’m part of the greater good and not the privileged whingers that rather tear them up than lift a finger.

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
And the last person to use that spelling was... outerlimits.

And there it is, folks.
Yeah, seen a few harp on about him, and not understanding, I had a bit of a look and read.
I can see similarities and why some may think this. After all he rides a ebike and is widely miss understood by a few. I adopted that word from him. Sorry Outers, chill bro, you do sound like you have some anger issues.
Moorey is going to be so pleased with you for solving his mystery Cir Grumps.
Pretty funny really... maybe Moorey is Grumps, ooooh such a mystery.

Can ya just relax and chill now and have a larf now Grumps. I’ll even settle for an evil Bwhahahaha

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
And.... ignore.
C’mon Grumps, I know you don’t mean that.
Have a laugh, and don’t sweat the small irrelevant stuff.
I’ll miss you,
You’ve always been one of my favourites, and rank well well above Cir Moorey.

Soz Moorey no offence intended.