royal gloves

cleche name

Likes Bikes
what makes royal gloves so expesive? has any one actualy bought a pair? 661 gloves are rubbish... are they any better?

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They are technically the same company...
But yes, the 661 gloves are crap, Mine broke after 2 months, my foxes lasted 1 and a half years.

haydn

Likes Dirt
I have used both TLD Xc gloves and Fox Incline gloves. Both practically the same glove. Both lasted quite well, the TLD clearly lasted longer but also almost twice the cost... I recommend both. And sorry I know nothing about royal products.

Oh and both gloves were used for Dh and a fair bit of digging, so pretty rough stuff.

Hunt_11

Likes Bikes
i used to have TLD GP gloves and they were good, untill i lost them, and recently i have bought Royal Pro gloves and they're quite comfy and so far seem really good.
adam

boxx(downhill)er

Likes Dirt
i am into my 2nd pair of tld xc gloves and i have found the perform great except the little rubber grip things on the finger tips fell off on the first week:)

scarecrow8888

Likes Dirt
i have used Fox gloves and TLD Airs which i am currently using. bothe work great and fairly cheap at $40. allthough i would reccomend the TLD airs as they have great ventilation and feel to them. plus i have been using a pair some for almost a year and they are still fine with no tears and thats with digging tracks and DH. add to that they have no velcro tab and they just slide on, there is no chance of a failure with that.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Read the OP people, he's asking for why the Royal gloves are so expensive, not for what gloves you use or recommending a pair!:rolleyes:

Timmy B

Likes Bikes
don't know too much about royal and 661 but i had some fox digits for about a year and I'm on to my second pair of Mace gloves. the first lasted me close to a year too.
i have noticed that Royal are more expensive considering they are only gloves, but they do look alright.

DeBloot

Feeling old
I just bought a set of Royal pro gloves from CRC for $55 (Chain reaction -OS)
That is expensive for CRC, but I compared them to what I would get for $55 at the LBS and decided to splurge
Would I pay $100 for them? I doubt it. I would go for a Fox glove.
Are the Royals a good glove? They are a great glove. The most comfy glove I have used. They are really well made and look like they will last well with no loose bits of stitching. Good but subtle padding. Look good (very important!)

Having said all that, my simple and cheapish Fox digits have out lasted any other glove I have bought. Not as comfy or such a pleasure to wear, but only about half as much coin

Last edited:

sir crashallot

Likes Bikes
what makes royal gloves so expesive?

They are hand sewn from rare endngered yak fur by teams of sweedish virgins then soaked in the sweat of Steve peat for 6 months LOL
OR
They are aimed at that section of the market that like to talk about how much better there gear is then all there mates and have money to burn.:rolleyes:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
what makes royal gloves so expesive? has any one actualy bought a pair? 661 gloves are rubbish... are they any better?
i have a set of Royal gloves. and a set of Raceface, a set of Alpinstars, a set of Troy Lee, and a set of Nema. my OP? horses for courses.

my advice? quit whingeing and try being a woman over 45kg trying to buy racewear in any discipline.

EDIT: considering the proliferation of glove threads under various usernames, i smell SPAM.

Last edited:

haltz

Likes Dirt
Bit left field but for comfort wear and price I can't go past deft family just throwin it out there, only the Velcro ones though the pull on ones can be frustrating with sweaty hands

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+1 vote for TLD airs...the fit is awesome! About $35 from CRC. Def worth the $ IMO!

I just bought a pair of TLD XC's for something different but I haven't tried them out yet!

I had a pair of Fox glove's but they weren't crash hot...didn't fit that well and I ended up taking a full layer of skin off my hands in 3 days at Thredbo...would've probably been better off not wearing any gloves at all!

Raymondo

Likes Bikes
I've had 2 or 3 pairs of fix gloves over the years (I have smallish hands so the clearance CRC sizes work out great) and I wouldn't say they're anything special, I've worn through the finger tips (on the side) of most of them but that's probably more a result of crashing.

Last edited: