RS coil Pikes U-turn winding down on it's own

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
Hey folks.

Had this problem for a while, it stopped, but I just serviced the fork and now it's back again.

basically the U-turn adjuster keeps winding down on it's own as I ride - I go out for a ride with full 140mm travel, then an hour later when I stop, it's down to 110mm or something.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a way to stop it?

cheers.

mudmav

Likes Dirt
When you took apart the u turn knob and the cap under it there were three detent springs and ball bearings you need to refit the springs into the top cap leaving a gap between each spring and then sit the 3 ball bearings on top of the springs. These parts stop the u turn winding down as you descirbe.

Any problems pm me

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Happened to me once. I just tightened up the screw in the u-turn top cap until it was quite tight to turn, and has been fine ever since.

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
All three springs and ball-bearings are in the right spot and the u-turn knob is bolted down as tight as possible but I'm still getting the same issue - hit any decent bump and it winds down about 1/3 of a turn.

I've even tried stretching the springs so they're a bit longer - no luck!

any other suggestions?

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe the foot bolt at the bottom of your fork is a bit loose, allowing the spring to twist and wind down when compressed. You could need a new crush washer for it.