RS Debonair C1 Upgrade Kit

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Just after some feedback on the C1 upgrades from those that have done it. Was set to pull the trigger but a few guys at last nights ride said they found them harsh and preferred the previous Debonair.

I'm currently running 2019 130mm Revelations and was keen to bump up slightly to 140mm, and hoping to get a bit more small bump sensitivity and some more mid-stroke support.

Would love some more feedback from those that have tried them.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One thing I have noticed is the fork has a much more pronounced "knock" on topout when popping off a lip or lifting the front end. Not sure re harshness, didn't notice too much of a change personally, but I'm not the most sensitive to changes either. More midstroke support and higher dynamic ride height does definitely seem to be there, I feel like the fork has much less tendancy to dive deep into the travel pushing into berms etc.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I really didn’t get along with the 2019 version of the debonair spring (coming from a fox 34).. The fork was always sucked down about 10% and that first little bit of travel that was meant to gobble up the small bumps just felt like bushing slop to me.. The fork would also knock and clunk like the headset was loose.. The new c1 spring fixed all the above for my fork..
I do agree with you mates though, it isn’t quite as good on small bumps on mellow trails.. For me once the fork is past the sag point and deeper in it’s travel it’s been as good as the old spring..

herbman

Likes Dirt
If you are used to and like the B1 spring, the chances are high you will not like the way the C1 spring rides.

It has a very different feel.

herbman

Likes Dirt
It sits higher in its travel because of the new seal head . So you can have the same sag as the B1 spring with less air pressure meaning the fork can move through it travel easier, it also has a more liner feel to the spring for most of its travel then seems to ramp up hard. i have gone from 2 spacers to none, with the spacers it felt like fork would hit a wall at 75-80% of it travel.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It sits higher in its travel because of the new seal head . So you can have the same sag as the B1 spring with less air pressure meaning the fork can move through it travel easier, it also has a more liner feel to the spring for most of its travel then seems to ramp up hard. i have gone from 2 spacers to none, with the spacers it felt like fork would hit a wall at 75-80% of it travel.
This^^^.. I forgot the best feature..
Should also mention the charger rc damper I had in my revs wasn’t that fabulous, i upgraded to a charger 2.1 rct3 and that is where I gained the most small bump sensitivity..