Rums

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by binner, Mar 11, 2016.

1. pink poodle

pink poodle Clinically Inane

It has become hard to get all of a sudden. First time I opened a bottle I was blown away by the aroma. It literally smelt like a Christmas cake. Speaking of...four pillars apparently have an amazing g Christmas cake gin. Anyway the goslings team also do an aged version that I haven't tried yet. It costs many pennies.

If your local won't look after you, order it online. I've used Nicks before and the service is exceptional. Free delivery if you hit $200 also helps. Grab a few of those huge sales and you'll be laughing while sitting by the fire smoking your cigars.

2. Have you tried the 151 proof?

3. pink poodle

I haven't yet. Very curious given the quality of their entry level product. I'd also like to try their higher end matured product. It has some strong reviews.

I have tried spirytus though. It tastes like burning.

4. pink poodle

I'm currently avoiding buying things. But I did buy this the other day.

Attached Files:

5. pink poodle

Gave El Dorado 12 year a taste last night. If you want to spend up on a really tasty spirit this will deliver the goods. While it isn't an over complex assault of divergent flavours, it is quite smooth and rich with what it has. Then smooth, medium sweet, a little oak + mild spices, some sugary caramel (perhaps brown sugar) and vanilla notes. Did I mention smooth? I palmed it for a bit and as it warmed it opened up nicely. But at $17 for a serve it is probably not an every day thing! On sale at nick's for about $80/bottle though. Now I'm curious about the 15 year version.

https://www.nicks.com.au/el-dorado-12-year-old-rum-700ml

caad9 likes this.
  6. Nicks came through with the goods today, I can't see this ending well... I blame Poodle.

DSC_0004_edited.png

binner, slimjim1 and caad9 like this.
  7. pink poodle

8. I'm intending on doing some back to back testing tomorrow night while entertaining myself with the live feed from Andorra.

9. The Dude

The Dude Likes Dirt

Stroh. That is all

10. Spent some time in Austria... now show me on this picture where the nasty rum hurt you.