S&P downgrades US credit rating

Matt H

Eats Squid
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=14245174

Pretty ironic coming from the agency that gave AAA ratings to mortgage backed securities before the GFC.

Monday is going to be a bit of a shakeup. I'm guessing the AUD is going to go up compared to the greenback, the sharemarket is going to take a massive hit and gold prices will keep climbing...

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Welcome to the begining of the end.

I should really sell all my bikes and buy some gold.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Now where did i put my alfoil hat and years supply of baked beans and cooking gas...

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Now where did i put my alfoil hat and years supply of baked beans and cooking gas...
You won't be needing any extra gas if all you're going to eat for a year is beans. I'd imagine you'd be able to generate copious amonts of your own.

Bermshot

Banned
I'll just say it has been tipped for a few years that a big crash is coming. Simply, how can a monetary system work on the basis of dept? We all know what happens with upside-down pyramid/ponzi schemes, think Bernard Madoff on a world scale and this is what is happening now. It is, as you should know, a fiat system based on usury. There is no "hard currency" in the banks anymore to back the paper confetti being printed everyday by the billions. If we all ran to the banks tomorrow to empty our accounts they would fail within a couple of hours due to non-existent reserves.

An AAA rating is what lenders put on themselves to GAIN, then Lessen it and put it on the people to fix..... in perpetuity, hence "bail outs" of a couple of years ago, RE they f#^k up on purpose and the people pay, and your children and your children's children. Are you angry yet? No?

Let us go to the Great Bard

Act 3, Scene 3

SCENE III. Venice. A street.

Enter SHYLOCK, SALARINO, ANTONIO, and Gaoler

SHYLOCK

Gaoler, look to him: tell not me of mercy;
This is the fool that lent out money gratis:
Gaoler, look to him.

ANTONIO

Hear me yet, good Shylock.

SHYLOCK

I'll have my bond; speak not against my bond:
I have sworn an oath that I will have my bond.
Thou call'dst me dog before thou hadst a cause;
But, since I am a dog, beware my fangs:
The duke shall grant me justice. I do wonder,
Thou naughty gaoler, that thou art so fond
To come abroad with him at his request.

ANTONIO

I pray thee, hear me speak.

SHYLOCK

I'll have my bond; I will not hear thee speak:
I'll have my bond; and therefore speak no more.
I'll not be made a soft and dull-eyed fool,
To shake the head, relent, and sigh, and yield
To Christian intercessors. Follow not;
I'll have no speaking: I will have my bond.

Exit

SALARINO

It is the most impenetrable cur
That ever kept with men.

ANTONIO

Let him alone:
I'll follow him no more with bootless prayers.
He seeks my life; his reason well I know:
I oft deliver'd from his forfeitures
Many that have at times made moan to me;
Therefore he hates me.

Of course in scene lV Shylock is offered thrice the amount, but no, he MUST have his pound of flesh.

But if that hasn't got your attention then put your mind to this, concise and perhaps contemporary but no less so than the above at the time.

http://www.truthwinds.com//siterun_data/government/corporate_u_s/news.php?q=1241383810