Saint M820 Caliper

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Item: Saint M820 Caliper
Price range/Willing to Pay: $100?
Extra Info: Only need the caliper have everything else needed. Can land from the germans (or crc if they come back in stock) but thought I would try local.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Still on the slacker lookout for one of these. I know I can get a XT 4 pot new for $140 delivered but would prefer matching brakes front and rear.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Stupid question time....

Are you after a working caliper or do you feel like getting your tinkering on? I have a spare M820 but the RH pistons are sitting around 1-2mm proud (hence why it's now a spare). I'm not sufficiently mechanically minded to attempt fixing it more than trying to softly lever it back into place, (one of the pistons maaay be cracked, not sure) but if you're enthusiastic I'm sure we could do an advantageous deal.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Stupid question time....

Are you after a working caliper or do you feel like getting your tinkering on? I have a spare M820 but the RH pistons are sitting around 1-2mm proud (hence why it's now a spare). I'm not sufficiently mechanically minded to attempt fixing it more than trying to softly lever it back into place, (one of the pistons maaay be cracked, not sure) but if you're enthusiastic I'm sure we could do an advantageous deal.
Would you believe I needed half a caliper but I sold my damaged caliper to someone wanting the pistons...... wasn't you was it :p

I do like to tinker. Do you still have yours and what $ are you thinking. I was about to order new but just checked this in case (should have checked a week ago.....)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Would you believe I needed half a caliper but I sold my damaged caliper to someone wanting the pistons...... wasn't you was it :p

I do like to tinker. Do you still have yours and what $ are you thinking. I was about to order new but just checked this in case (should have checked a week ago.....)
No but that would've been a great idea! I'm 99% sure that a part from one of the cracked pistons has wedged itself somewhere it shouldn't which is why they won't sit flush anymore. If that doesn't sound insurmountable shoot me a PM with an offer. I have a figure in mind, but need to research whether that's reasonable or not..