saint ?

special

Likes Dirt
hey guys

anyone heard anything about any new saint gear ? was looking at the new saint m820 brake set on crc and it only has front ? as they where out of stock for the rear about a week ago but now it has no option at all for a rear ? can i get a brake set as cheap as crc any where ? or just a rear for the same price so i can buy the front of crc and a rear off somewhere else?

special

Likes Dirt
thank you very much is this site reliable and how long does shipping take ? thanks heaps for the link !

oriion

Likes Dirt
they do, they will match +give 10% further off the matched price.

Scored a set of XTR Trail pedals for $101.00 as a result

cobba

Likes Dirt
special said:
thank you very much is this site reliable and how long does shipping take ?
They're reliable from what I've read, I'd expect shipping to take a couple of weeks.

morticus said:
bike-components.de will end up costing about $215 for a brake after the 19% tax has been subtracted and $30 for shipping has been added.

special said:
yeah i seen that on wiggle but do they do price matching ?
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/h/option/productpricing

PerthMTB

Likes Dirt
thank you very much is this site reliable and how long does shipping take ?
I've used bikecomponents.de a lot and I find them the most responsive and reliable of the online retailers - and I've used all the usual suspects over the years! They seem to stock more items that CRC/Wiggle, always reply to my emails within 24hrs, and are happy to chase down obscure small parts not on their website for me. However, shipping takes three weeks, which is two/three times Wiggle/CRC, and can be real frustrating if you're in a hurry. They use DHL and it leaves Germany within 24hrs of ordering, but when it reaches here it goes into the Auspost system rather than continuing by courier all the way. That's the only downside I've found of using them though.

Last edited:

GravityJockey

Likes Bikes
Have you tried Jenson USA ?

Another suggestion, this time from the US... www.jensonusa.com

This is a U.S supplier that is highly reputable, I have used them several times after my card details were taken off the CRC server in 2011.

They had Saint brakes on special the other day under $200 each suggest you check them out.

Shipping arrives normally in around 7 days

Keven

Likes Dirt
I'm not usually a one to spruke the LBS, but I got quoted a set of M820 brakes for $500 delivered from TBSM. A touch expensive, but overnight delivery or same day pickup.

special

Likes Dirt
hey guys still looking as the ones i was going to buy has fallen through and need some new saints !! thanks for all the links but they still came out pretty expensive which sucks

Capone

Likes Dirt
Why do you have to have Saints

Avid Codes are great as well as the XO trail brake.

Other than that XT's are worth a look as well

special

Likes Dirt
had codes, tried xo codes and dont really want zee the avids were horrible and i have had the best experience with saint and want tot stick with them

Spotty

Likes Dirt
The reviews on the m820 brakes have been far from amazing, most reports say power is lost and constantly go spongey. If I were to get new Dh brakes, I'd probably go m785 XT levers to m810 calipers (If you really need 4 pot).