Sam Hill on his Demo 8 at Adelaide

how can u judge how comfortable someone looks in a photo:confused::confused:

ah well im interested in finding out wheather sam hill will be quicker at stromlo on his new demo compared with when he was on the sunday

will he be able to pedal better on the new bike or is it just him?????

gibbo4

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A broken hanger probably wasn't the best start for a first race on a new bike with a new team...

shredda

Likes Bikes
ok heres the deal

on sams race run his deurailler smashed on a rock and broke at the start of the rock garden (its what sam told me)

and so he set the track best time on his demo run not his race run
poor sam didn't even qualify in elite

his bike doesnt look that bad in real life and pretty much any person that was at eagle on the hill in adelaide on the weekend will say the same thing

that green demo looks sick to the max and im going to steal it and paint it green ;)

so yeah now i can say i beat the world champion :D

merlz

Likes Bikes
Too right. I think it's a cool change. Definitely weird not to see him on his Ironhorse, but meh, that's sponsorshit for ya.
Word. I reckon it's good to see him on a new rig, and see if he'll still be fast as. I was at this race on the wkd and there's no doubt he was still very quick.. was good to see.

takai

Eats Squid
ok heres the deal

on sams race run his deurailler smashed on a rock and broke at the start of the rock garden (its what sam told me)

and so he set the track best time on his demo run not his race run
poor sam didn't even qualify in elite

his bike doesnt look that bad in real life and pretty much any person that was at eagle on the hill in adelaide on the weekend will say the same thing

that green demo looks sick to the max and im going to steal it and paint it green ;)

so yeah now i can say i beat the world champion :D
Not quite on the start of the rock garden, was at the end of the chute of the first rock garden section. There is a nasty rock jutting out and you could see riders clipping it all day long, Sam just got a bit close.

He didnt set fastest time in his Demo run, it was 1s off Gravesys pace.

RacelineBoy

Likes Dirt
i think theres to much talk about Sam Hill. What about Troy Brosnans(u/17), his time would have put him 4th in elite men! WOW!!!

now back to exam study arrrg maths studies on thursday

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
i think theres to much talk about Sam Hill. What about Troy Brosnans(u/17), his time would have put him 4th in elite men! WOW!!!
This thread does start with the words 'Sam Hill', so you can expect a little bit of talk about Sam.

Troy Bosnans must be quite a pinner to get such a great time. Ripping Troy! Two thumbs up!

BKelly

teh fast

now back to exam study arrrg maths studies on thursday
Yeah Troys time was awesome, i guess doing runs with Sam Hill and being his home track must have helped a little.

profaine

Likes Dirt
Lucky 13

Sam's race plate was 13 for all you superstitious people!

A call went out over the speaker after elite qualifying 'if anyone has a Specialized demo hanger then please......' so looks like they didn't have all the spares needed for the weekend.

You can't see it on any of the photos posted here but he was testing swingarms, chainstays, etc. one he rode on over the course of the weekend had 'short' written on it with white out. Not sure if it was being substituted for any others.

I beat Sam Hill! Can't say that often or probably ever again!

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
he'll be smooth and comfortable dont you worry about that.
takes a while to get used to a different bike and how it feels,rides

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I'm told it's very comfortable, actually.

And emasculated would be if he'd had them removed completely.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Only time I've ever had my balls shaved is when I got my vasectomy.

At which time I wasn't able to get full enjoyment out of it, to say the least.