Sam Hill OUT

frdlvr

Likes Dirt
Some people don't like Sam Hill, for some reason and the reason is that he is so god damn talented on a bike and they will never have half that talent. Sam changed the sport and all the pro's have come out and said that, Sam would come out and give everything to a run and kill it, this brought out a new bread of rider knowing you need to step it up and give it in every run crash or burn!!!!!!

To me in the sport on mountain biking there have only been a few people who did change the direction of the sport there was:
"NICO", the pure legend rider,
"PALMER" changed the sport in the direction that it needed to go,
"PEATY" being a true professional and showed dreams do come true, and
"HILL"!!!!!!

So to SAM, get well dude and cant wait to see you excepting the "RAINBOW'S" again this year!!! Hope to see you in Palmer's gold jacket again!!!

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To me in the sport on mountain biking there have only been a few people who did change the direction of the sport there was:
"HILL"!!!!!!
Yeah I'd pretty well agree with that. At least from a Downhill racing perspective.

SouthYarraSage

Likes Dirt
I'm gutted about this. I've got a view on sam's recent lack of form. It comes from viewing and listening to sportsmen and women in virtually every other sport. Regardless of the sport you always here athlete's talk about 'match fitness' being different from general fitness. Tennis players, footy players - everyone talks about how you need to practice not only your sport but COMPETING in your sport. I look on DirtMag this morning and there's results the British DH series and there's most of the key UK rider's names - Peat, Bryceland, Brendan etc, the races recently in the US have been raced by Minaar, Needles, Hannah etc and even Brosnan raced Leogang again the week after the World Cup. Sam seems to be only racing the world cup races and I think it's working against him.
For mine - and let me add, it's pure speculation - I wonder if he actually trains enough. Take a look at Gee, Minnaar, plenty of others - they look like athletes - low body fat etc. Sam looks like a regular bloke. Just sayin...

BTW Andy - love the Avatar, my all-time fave.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some people don't like Sam Hill, for some reason and the reason is that he is so god damn talented on a bike and they will never have half that talent.
No.

"HILL" For shocking the world with stupidly quick race runs
To me, Sam is a balls out rider. He either wins by alot or he sucks. I think that comes from bucket loads of talent and not enough training. You guys might be onto something, because the Athertons seem to ride every single day and race everywhere, whereas I rarely see Sam outside the World Cup.

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
His heads not the game anymore. He injured himself racing motocross back home here in WA. I know moto is good cross training but racing competitive level motocross in between world cup rounds is shit. Either give up DH sam and race moto or get your shit together and start winning races again.

rangie

Likes Dirt
No.

To me, Sam is a balls out rider. He either wins by alot or he sucks. I think that comes from bucket loads of talent and not enough training. You guys might be onto something, because the Athertons seem to ride every single day and race everywhere, whereas I rarely see Sam outside the World Cup.
Hope he gets back to full fitness and starts mixing it with the big boys again.

We also need more courses which showcase his bike handling skills!

A.France

Likes Bikes
We also need more courses which showcase his bike handling skills
i think that is a bit unfair to everyone else as it is just catering to one persons skills and disadvantaging everyone who it's really good at those courses

driftking

Wheel size expert
Either give up DH sam and race moto or get your shit together and start winning races again.
I dont dissagree 100% however He does need to still enjoy himself when he has a chance, I think although MX is brilliant training you cannot replicate race mode or race head without been in a race, I think MX racing may be risky has some good advantages over standard riding, It puts pressure on you, makes you focus more intently and gives you that winning drive and race head needed in DH.
At the end of the day Sam is a adult and his training will be his decisions, I dont think sam is any less driven than previous seasons. I think coming off a injury has had a big draw back, he not only had to recover but he was also missing out on training to improve himself as a rider, while everyone else is getting better than previous, hill is trying to just get back to previous form, which when comes to race season puts him behind the 8ball for this season. I think Hill trains hard and its important to still have fun with your training so you dont loose motivation.

I think its a good move for Hill to sit the next few races out, although sam probably wants to race and win now, I think taking time off to recover and focus on worlds could be a perfect move and help him get back to form on par giving him more time to train and recover.
dealing with recovery,loss of improving training,first season back off a injury im not surprised hill has been down the result sheet.

In the end I think the time off to recover and get back to 100% and race mode will be a good move.
I know hill never comes on forums and many wc riders dont however I will say that I hope he has a quick recovery back to 100% and is well sorted to take on worlds.

Whatever hill's decision its his and he knows whats best.

Last edited:

wonky1

Likes Bikes
i have allways had these opinions on hill, didnt wait for him to have a downfall as you put it. sam palmer? i'll give you that one i missed a comma, and that is the first time i think the terms "my friend" and "cunts like you" in the same sentence. oh well what was i thnking, i mean being negative agaist sam hill, did i really not think i wouldnt get a whole heap of shit from from monster hat wearing retards like yourself.
Lady you are way off. I just think people that hate on dh riders just after an injury need to put the computer down. How would you feel if you broke your shoulder and i was baggin out on you. I would react the same way if it was PEATY that fucked himself not just sam. Monster hat wearing retard hey, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. If i owned one or was ever thinking about getting one that might have had an impact!!!!!
Wake up, dont hate its not a good look!!!!!

Don't bother Drivebytrucker, I aggree with you 100% but apparently it's "Unaustralian" to dislike him
She has already brought up the fact that she is not australian so not really relevant. And its unaustralian to bag someone out just after an injury!!!!!

Stir, stir, stir!!!!!!

hahahahahahaha

Last edited:

drivebytrucker

Likes Dirt
Not bagging hime cos hes injured, just bagging him, oh yeah, at what point did i become female? if you dont have a monter hat, i bet you've got a mullet, or a name that ends with ANE. Ahhh the "unaustralian" card, i'd love to know what is Australian then because it seems everything is unaustralian at the moment? i bet your even one of those who thinks the likes of Ponting, giteua and hewitt is still the best in the world.

what was once boring is now becoming quite fun.

wonky1

Likes Bikes
hahahahahahahah, mam you couldnt be further from the truth. But i do like your gusto.
come on geeza not all aussies have mullets and names that end with ane.
hahahahahahaha way too funny yeah this is fun. You just named some ball sport playing fags to me man, who the fuck is giteua!!!!!!
Now think before you type!!!!!

STIR,STIR,STIR

hahahahahahahahahaha

H-DOG

Likes Dirt
hahahahahahahah, mam you couldnt be further from the truth. But i do like your gusto.
come on geeza not all aussies have mullets and names that end with ane.
hahahahahahaha way too funny yeah this is fun. You just named some ball sport playing fags to me man, who the fuck is giteua!!!!!!
Now think before you type!!!!!

STIR,STIR,STIR

hahahahahahahahahaha
I think he meant Matt Giteau from rugby. Correct me if I'm wrong.
And mate shut the fuck up. Seriously. He is perfectly entitled to his own opinion which has quite a bit of correctness to it as well and doesn't need smack talking keyboard warriors like you criticising him for it.

OT: I do hope he gets better because i would like to see him win worlds once again.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
To me, Sam is a balls out rider. He either wins by alot or he sucks.
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, however, just as a fun excersise, could you post Sams race results from, lets just say, the World Cups he has entered?

My memory isn't great at the best of times, so excuse me if I'm off the mark here, but let's say that a 'bad' result for him is outside the top 10 - he is 5 time World Champion. I don't seem to recall many races that he has posted a result outside the top 10 that wasnt a result of a crash or a mechanical. Sure he has his bad days, but so does everyone.

It's a pretty funny thread, everyone getting high and mighty like they know whats best for him.

Carry on...

aanon

Likes Dirt
It's a bummer Sam is injured.
Hope he mends fast and gets on his bike and up to speed quickly.
There are very few riders who can do stuff on a bike like him, he has proved it before and he will prove it again.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha I love how everyone is saying he's been performing badly this season. Sure its not his best but he's still had top 10 results at all the rounds. Get well soon Sam.
:)

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
haha I love how everyone is saying he's been performing badly this season. Sure its not his best but he's still had top 10 results at all the rounds. Get well soon Sam.
:)
I agree and disagree.

Not really following the thread and the shit-talk banter. But I think when people say 'bad', it's just relative for him. Being a 5 time World Champion, and I think 2 time World Cup Series Champion, among a number of World Cup wins, he would expect a great deal from himself, and following suit the public expect the same. In his mind, top 10 probably isn't where he wants to be and is probably not good enough, but for us. Top 10 at a World Cup is simply amazing. I remember Peaty saying in a video once that he has "stood on the podium many times, and on top of the podium many times and that's the feeling I like". I think for Sam, Gee, Greg, and potentially a few other contenders it's the same.

At the end of the day, it's hard to deny Sam is one of the most gifted, skilled and inspiring riders. He many not be the best in some opinions, while in others he might.

Either way, I enjoy watching him ride. So I hope he gets over this injury quickly, and is able to return and defend his Worlds title.