Sam who?

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
If i could swap riding style's with anyone it would be Gee Atherton. Heaps fit, really good at technical stuff, smooth, super fast just one of the most consistent riders to watch.

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I borrowed a bunch of DVD's of one of dads mates, i saw him bunny hop a DH bike into a 4X4 haha.

nskz

Likes Dirt
If i could swap riding style's with anyone it would be Gee Atherton. Heaps fit, really good at technical stuff, smooth, super fast just one of the most consistent riders to watch.
hmmm...Vote 1 Danny Hart...I have no idea how that kid rides so loose in clips but it's ridiculous, best whips in the biz :cool:

I would agree though in terms of all around bike skills (all forms, DJ, 4x etc etc) I think Gee is easily the pick of the bunch.

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Nah, go Bredan Fairclough... He shreds at just about every riding style. It's pretty amazing watching him in the movie F1RST!

Ryan H

Likes Dirt
hmmm...Vote 1 Danny Hart...I have no idea how that kid rides so loose in clips but it's ridiculous, best whips in the biz :cool:

I would agree though in terms of all around bike skills (all forms, DJ, 4x etc etc) I think Gee is easily the pick of the bunch.
Agree, Danny Hart or maybe even Brayton?

cluster

Likes Dirt
Agree, Danny Hart or maybe even Brayton?
yeah, brayton has pretty mad style... also can anyone remember the name of the guy in earthed 4 riding a mega-rocky track like a lunatic? he had pretty sick technique - if it helps memories he stopped once (looks like it was his first time down the track) on this rockface huck into a jagged rockgarden. fast paced techno and i think (?) there was a squirrel in the segment, he nearly ran it over while it was munching on an acorn.:confused:

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last one guys,

To the in quote replies:
-Sam hasn't created anything, there will always be a culture of blind favoritism, especially among the younger demographic. :p

Yeh you've got a point, the blind fandboyism will always be there regardless of who's arse there sniffing.

Perfectly calm here. :) I don't think you can judge someone's frame of mind off your own level of butt hurt.:rolleyes:

Your were putting in extra effort to insult in a simple discussion...

I aggree with the rest of your post too...

EDIT:
Regarding Fort William tomorrow, I just want Athy to do well :)
The whole atherton family is pretty insane, I wonder what there family gatherings are like... Easter Sunday spent Downhilling? Christmas spent at the bike park? haha

Last edited:

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
i believe I had it completely backwards
He just doesn't interview well. It's not something he is comfortable with.

I've met him a couple of times. The first was back in 2005. We were setting up for a National race and Sam turned up with Bryn and Sharples 4 or 5 days out from the event.

Other guys were already there pumping out shuttles. I suggested they follow the other cars up to get a couple of runs in. They hadn't even bought bikes, instead they offered to spend the day helping us get the track ready.

Next day they turned up and started shuttling with some of the young locals.

I've had massive respect for them ever since.

rone

Eats Squid
He just doesn't interview well. It's not something he is comfortable with.

I've met him a couple of times. The first was back in 2005. We were setting up for a National race and Sam turned up with Bryn and Sharples 4 or 5 days out from the event.

Other guys were already there pumping out shuttles. I suggested they follow the other cars up to get a couple of runs in. They hadn't even bought bikes, instead they offered to spend the day helping us get the track ready.

Next day they turned up and started shuttling with some of the young locals.

I've had massive respect for them ever since.
This is the side that doesn't reach the media, so opinions are formed based solely on their 'media persona'. Scrape away all the bollocks and most of these guys are happiest when they're away from it all and just riding.

Through work I've been lucky enough to meet Kovarik, Rennie and TJ Lavin and they're all really humble blokes

Last edited:

daddyrat

Likes Dirt
my favorite ride is the one where he comes third in the rain after all the top guys had gone down in the dry. somewhere in the french alps, really gnarly course.
I reckon he rules downhill, no one comes even close.
all this talk about atherton and peaty is just that. neither of them has the natural raw speed of hill and he is GOD
Iam 48 by the way:eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mpytJRrpyw

Last edited:

heavyp

You heard it here first
This post is absolutely shocking, i feel bad that i even had to sign in to say it!

kona_kona

Likes Dirt
Not a fan of Sam Hill to be honest...

Sure he's quick and he's Australian but something about him makes me hate him. Also I would rate Steve Peat alot higher then Sam on the ladder of awesomeness.

Thing I hate most about him (not his fault at all) is all the young guys copying his every move and thinking every other way is wrong/shit. I'm all for mainstream and I don't try and be different to much but it's abit ridiculous when everyone is riding Sundays with full TLD kits and the flatest 800mm bars they can find...
Swing and a miss chief. Swing and a miss.

kona_kona

Likes Dirt
Also, Sam seems to comes off as abit arrogant in his interviews and videos. Where as most other riders couldn't care less that there winning because they love riding.
Another massive swing and miss bro.

Let me first start by saying that I adore Sam Hill (and not for the childish reasons that got your knickers in a knot), but at the end of the day he is a simpleton and it's partly why I love him. I think your confusing his simpleness and camera-shyness with 'arrogance'. The poor kid hates being in front of a camera and can barely spell his own name.

If you've seen or watched more than his later fanboi cover shot that someone has linked or tugged over then you would know all these things.

Kamikaze already pulled you up on your other nonsense so we'll leave it there.

oh and Steve Peat? Really? He whinges better than he rides.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Another massive swing and miss bro.

oh and Steve Peat? Really? He whinges better than he rides.
Just my opinion. He's probably a mad fella off camera, but I don't know that. Not going to continue this...

Also Steve Peat has got to be in the top 5 downhillers of all time. Who care's if he winges? All poms do.. He's pretty much a vet and he's still hitting podium. His riding career is seriously impressive!

*Steve Peat's not my favorite but he's a bloody good rider.

I think I'll keep my mouth shut about Sam from now on, touchy subject. I bet if he wasn't Australian I'd get away with it

Last edited: