Santa Cruz and Yeti demo bikes

Scotty T

Walks the walk
A mate is looking at the Yeti that @nzhumpy has (SB5.5?) and also a Santa Cruz Hightower LT. He's had a ride uphill on nz's Yeti, but is keen to demo both bikes properly to see what he likes more. He's in Canberra but gets to Sydney a bit, and would probably do a trip to Melbs, anyone familiar with shops that would have demos of these bikes?

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Not sure if too many shops do much more than the car park bounce, Summit up here might let you have one for a weekend if you're a serious buyer.

If I'm back down in CBR anytime soon he can have another lap around Stromlo on mine...not sure if I want to do the descent on the Slash at any great pace though, I might just sit at the bar.

Edit: is anyone even selling 4.5/5.5s now, I would have thought they'd be flogging the 130/150?

Last edited:

climberman

Likes Dirt
Is he ever in Wollongong? I have an '18 HTLT we could have a lap on one day if timing works and he isn't likely to dissapear with it (I'm not selling a house again in a hurry so won't be stumping up for another soon!)

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Cheers fellas, @nzhumpy apparently Bike Culture rent demos out for Yeti. @climberman is it L? He gets down the coast a bit and I could probably do a road trip with him and make a ride of it. Legit guys both of us, no shenanigans, leave license or keys if weren't riding with you.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yarra Valley Cycles sometimes have Santa Cruz bikes to demo but in outer east 1 hr from Melbourne

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
If he’s willing to make a trip to Melb he may as well go to Brisbane. ForTheRiders does weekend hire of demos, always has loads of top end bling available (inc Yeti and SC)

creaky

XMAS Plumper
If he’s willing to make a trip to Melb he may as well go to Brisbane. ForTheRiders does weekend hire of demos, always has loads of top end bling available (inc Yeti and SC)
I don't get how that Summit Cycles (never been there) doesn't run a similar high end demo program if they are trying to sell the same high end bikes. Must make a lot of sales for FTR and over a year of hires they'd pay for the bike depreciation easily.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I don't get how that Summit Cycles (never been there) doesn't run a similar high end demo program if they are trying to sell the same high end bikes. Must make a lot of sales for FTR and over a year of hires they'd pay for the bike depreciation easily.
They've had quite a lot of high end bikes stolen over the years too.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Thanks all, @climberman he's definitely a large, it's one of the issues he has right now being on a medium bike, and he's marginal but has much preferred the couple of large bikes he's had a spin on.