Santa Cruz Bronson

Flint

Likes Dirt
Received the last part for the Bronson today (Pikes) so I completed the build after work. Its not final but I need a few rides to see what I do and don't like, also will replace those red spacers at some point.

Frame: Santa Cruz Bronson Alloy, Medium
Stem: Nukeproof 50mm
Handlebar: Crank Brothers Iodine 3 AM risers, 720mm
Seat post: Giant Contact in stealth config
Saddle: Specialized
Chain ring: Raceface Narrow/Wide 32 tooth
Grips: Da Bomb, Holy Sh!t 2
Cassette: Shimano XT M771 10 Speed
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT
Crank set: Shimano Zee
Pedals: Nukeproof Proton Flats
Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace 10 speed
Front Brake: Shimano XT
Rear Brake: Shimano XT
Rear Shifter: Shimano Zee
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Zee
Fork: RockShox Pike, 150mm, 650B, 15mm axel
Headset: Cane Creek 10 / 40
Tires: Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evo Snakeskin 650b X 2
Wheel set: Spank Oozy.

12.3kgs, pretty happy with that weight. Cant wait to ride it :biggrin1:

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

ChopSticks

Banned
sweet looking bike there mate !

reckon it needs more blue though?

and before you change that red spacer.....please tidy up those hoses asap !!! :p

Flint

Likes Dirt
sweet looking bike there mate !

reckon it needs more blue though?

and before you change that red spacer.....please tidy up those hoses asap !!! :p
:) I will tidy up the hoses as best I can with out cutting anything at this stage. I may go to wider bars so I don't want them to be to short. I think a blue chain ring would have been a good choice but I already had the black one. If I find the 32 is to small I might get a 34 in blue.

Cheers

Flint

Likes Dirt
Well just over 6 months on and I am loving this bike. I have made few changes to the spec:

Wheel set: Spank Oozy --> now DT Swiss EX 1501 Spline 1 27.5 (just fitted today).
Grips: Da Bomb, Holy Sh!t 2 --> now Ergon
Saddle: Specialized Avatar --> now Selia Italia
Tires: Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evo Snakeskin 650b X 2 --> now Maxxis High Roller II's

While there is nothing really wrong with the Spank Oozy wheels I just could not stand the noise, the free hub is so frikken loud! It drove me nuts, they had to go. I know there are cheaper ways to get quiet wheels but I figured the new DT Swiss wheels were worth the upgrade and the hub is so quiet, its bliss.

Cheers

Attachments

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Well just over 6 months on and I am loving this bike. I have made few changes to the spec:

Wheel set: Spank Oozy --> now DT Swiss EX 1501 Spline 1 27.5 (just fitted today).
Grips: Da Bomb, Holy Sh!t 2 --> now Ergon
Saddle: Specialized Avatar --> now Selia Italia
Tires: Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evo Snakeskin 650b X 2 --> now Maxxis High Roller II's

While there is nothing really wrong with the Spank Oozy wheels I just could not stand the....
....fact I felt like I was riding the world's longest travel, most expensive DJ bike.

Ooh, that water bottle is tight. Side loader I assume ?

Sweet looking treadly :thumb:

Last edited:

Flint

Likes Dirt
....fact I felt like I was riding the world's longest travel, most expensive DJ bike.

Ooh, that water bottle is tight. Side loader I assume ?

Sweet looking treadly :thumb:
LOL, yeah I watched a few YouTube videos of DJ bikes and thought, "I know that sound!"

Yes a side loader, a cheap $10 Giant one but its very good, haven't lost a bottle yet except for a hard stack on the open side once. The bottle is the 750ml Camelbak Podium big chill so larger than your average 750 sized bottle. The bottle is new I up-sized from the 610ml version, this bigger one might have trouble staying in, will see if the weather holds out for this weekend.

Cheers

Last edited:

stoo

Likes Dirt
Thanks, they do seem pretty rare, in fact I have only ever seen mine so far.

Cheers
What is it, double the money for few hundred grams lighter? The carbon jobs are very nice but there's nothing wrong with Alu. I went even more "poor man's" SC and just ordered a new Heckler frame.....

Flint

Likes Dirt
What is it, double the money for few hundred grams lighter? The carbon jobs are very nice but there's nothing wrong with Alu. I went even more "poor man's" SC and just ordered a new Heckler frame.....
I think it was $1100 for ~400 grams so yeah could not justify that much when I have 10kg's of lard I could lose. The Heckler seems great value for money, a mate picked one up for $1100.