Santa Cruz Bullit- What Size

shan75

Likes Dirt
I am considering a Bullit as my new bike and Need to get an idea of what size to get. I am 6'3" tall Mainly torso and arms and yesterday had a ride on a Medium Frame. It was fitted with a 90mm stem. It seemed short when we were general trailriding (I was always slipping backwards on the seat. When I put the seatrdown and rode the BMX track it was really good, quick and nimble ect even though it has Jnr Ts onit.

I have always been an XC rider so I know it will take a bit to get used to (Different Riding Position). I am looking at doing long rides, a bit of light freeride on it. I chased Santacruzs website and they recommend a Large bike with 70mm stem. What are your thoghts?

bighitter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
one of my riding buddies has a small 03 bullit with a 60mm stem, and he is 6"1 and he loves it.
he only uses it for dh and hucking off stuff - no long trail rides or anything though.
Maybe a medium or large, but it all depends on what you wanna do with it and what size fits you best

peto

Likes Dirt
hi shan I have a large 03 bullit and am 6' it is a good size for trail rides, DH but is awsome for hucking. The longest trail ride i have done on it is 42kms but its not realy the bike for this. I am interested in selling it to go to a fullon DH race bike. Frame or full bike. let me know if you are interested. Oh yeah you would need a large as a mate has a medium and i find it quite short.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
i'm 6 foot 1 (or 2...) and i ride a large bullit (03)- i'd happily run a medium bullit but i found it too short... now i run a large with 50mm stem..

Big_Blue_Bullit

Cannon Fodder
I'm 6'2" and got a large Bullit a few weeks ago. With a 60mm stem I reckon it's plenty small enough for me. I was tossing up between medium and large too and I'm glad I went for the large in the end. They're pretty short compared to a lot of other brands of bikes (or they feel that way to me anyway).

If you got a double crown fork and a medium frame I think you'd be knocking you knees on the top clamp. Not such a problem with a single crown but it would still be pretty cramped.

Phil

Ty

Eats Squid
fastrider_ben said:
medium definately
large looks gay
you'd seriously pick the bike that looked better even though it wasn't comfortable to ride?

shan75

Likes Dirt
Got an AC for two reasons:

1. Couldn't get a Large Bullit 2nd Hand. Tryed the Medium but nope just simply too small for the type of riding I do.

2. Wife just got prgnant with our first baby, therfore no where near enough cash for a new bullit.

Had the AC for over a month now and with a few tweaks I love it. Will do me for a year or so and I will then upgrade the frame as the parts on the AC1 I got seem pretty good.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
geez... i have a spare large bullit frame that i didn't sell... and it's only 1500 with a 5th element Ti.!!!!

brettly

Likes Dirt
shan did u get a new AC1 or secondhand?
Im 6' and considering getting a new AC2...i jumped on the medium seemed ok?