Santa Cruz Nomad v3 best shock?

libbykc

Squid
I've just bought myself a used Nomad 2016 and pumped for delivery. Only negatives i've heard is that it blows through the midstroke on the rear but guessing with a different shock this can be resolved. Does anyone have any experience with different shocks on the nomad v3? I've heard the DHX2 is a great shock for this bike but not sure i want to go coil. I like the pop you get from an air shock and the increased pedal efficiency. Thinking along the lines of DPX2 or x2.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Coil is much nicer, due to the excessive ramp up it has at end stroke, CCDB or DHX2 would both be excellent. Ran a CCDBA and a CCDB on mine, enhoyed both, basically you either have 'pop' or a super plush ride.

libbykc

Squid
Thanks for replies, looks like i'll go down that path, it's had nothing but glowing reviews. Do the coils pedal reasonably well these days? I don't care for racing up the hill but don't want to feel like i'm climbing a DH rig either.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Push ElevenSix is probably the best coil hands down for the Nomad V3 but for air I would be getting a Fox X2 with a climb switch.
Agree with this!!!!! Not used the ElevenSix on a Nomad but I've run it on a Pivot Mach 6 and now on my Evil Wreckoning. Awesome is the only way to describe it. It pedals well on both bikes but better on the Evil. It should be sweet on the Nomad. It ain't cheap but it's insanely good.