Santa Cruz Vs Nukeproof

Which bike is the go?

• The Bronson

• The Mega

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gazza

Likes Bikes
Yo Yo, another typical new bike thread. I know we have nothing else to do then comment on threads.
Same price for both and yes I know the Nukeproof isn't 150mm rear but it's all close enough

I'm in the weeds and torn between:

Santa Cruz Bronson CC V2 with rockshox and sram gx build.

Or

Nukeproof Mega 275c Factory with fox and shimano xt build.

I appreciate any feedback or ideas you guys have.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Are they new bikes? Santa Cruz has a killer lifetime frame warranty if so.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Nukeproof has better geo, better spec.

Bronson has better frame and water bottle mount.

Up to you really. This is about opinions, there’s no definitive answer if they both fit you well.

Gazza

Likes Bikes
Are they new bikes? Santa Cruz has a killer lifetime frame warranty if so.
Yeah man both new bikes, Thats the only real reason the Bronson is still on the table.

The nukeproof is getting alot of love though.

I feel like I'm only going to throw about 20% of what Sam Hill does to them so i can imagine there being many frame issues.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
What kind of trails are you riding (or wanting to ride)? I feel these two bikes are quite different in character despite somewhat similar amounts of travel...

I'd hazzard a guess that the Nukeproof would feel like a lot more bike (bigger/heavier/slacker/more travel) which could be good or bad depending if you want to 'bomb the gnar' or ride trails with just an occasional bit of choppy tech.

For me the Nukeproof would lean more towards a shuttle-day bike, whereas the Bronson would be more a 'all day ride' bike.

Gazza

Likes Bikes
What kind of trails are you riding (or wanting to ride)? I feel these two bikes are quite different in character despite somewhat similar amounts of travel...

I'd hazzard a guess that the Nukeproof would feel like a lot more bike (bigger/heavier/slacker/more travel) which could be good or bad depending if you want to 'bomb the gnar' or ride trails with just an occasional bit of choppy tech.

For me the Nukeproof would lean more towards a shuttle-day bike, whereas the Bronson would be more a 'all day ride' bike.

I like to use a bike in a rowdy way, not bombing but lets say loose.

I'm also not a small guy so the pedaling a bigger bike isn't a scary thought.
As I write these messages back it's dawning on me that I really want the Nuke.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I like to use a bike in a rowdy way, not bombing but lets say loose.

I'm also not a small guy so the pedaling a bigger bike isn't a scary thought.
As I write these messages back it's dawning on me that I really want the Nuke.
If you're saying "not a small guy" to mean tall, the steeper seat-tube of the Nukeproof is a major selling point on its own.

Sounds like the brain knows what the heart wants anyway! Get on it! ;)

LPG

likes thicc birds
From what Ive read the nukeproof has a really linear suspension curve and not much of a platform. That means it will plow rocks well but won't be as responsive to being thrown around/playful riding styles. The long rear end of the nukeproof accentuates this.

Not sure about the bronson but I suspect it isn't as extreme in this way. The nukeproof may be a bit boring if you don't have local trails that suit this. If you do it may be the right bike for you.

Dangals

Likes Dirt
I have that exact Nukeproof - got it about a month ago and am loving it so far. Still tweaking the settings on the Fox shocks as there is just so much customisation you can do with them.

I went through a similar thought process as well and like others have mentioned went with the Mega because for the price the build kit is very good. It rides very well and is super stable due to the length etc. Cracker of a bike for the price.