Santa Cruz

jakc

Likes Bikes
After riding a few different SC bikes on a trip back in the UK, I want to get myself a new full bike. Currently toying between bronson and 5010.

I am keeping an eye on the forSale thread/eBay/FB marketplace but leaning towards 1st hand, due to the SC lifetime warrantee.

Who’s the distro for SC for Australia and can anyone recommend a good LBS in Melbourne that stocks them?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
After riding a few different SC bikes on a trip back in the UK, I want to get myself a new full bike. Currently toying between bronson and 5010.

I am keeping an eye on the forSale thread/eBay/FB marketplace but leaning towards 1st hand, due to the SC lifetime warrantee.

Who’s the distro for SC for Australia and can anyone recommend a good LBS in Melbourne that stocks them?
Lusty Industries are the distro, stockists I've dealt with are Yarra Valley Cycles and Summit Cycles. I'd suggest there's a better chance of getting a good deal at YVC than Summit.

What size are you chasing? I have an XL 5010 V2 I'll be selling soon.

jakc

Likes Bikes
Thanks.
I’m 6ft1 and typically like shorter wheelbase, so ideally a L frame.

Keep me posted about the 5010. What are you moving onto and may I ask why? Any negatives with the 5010?

Will pop into YVC but now realising the price difference between Aus/uk/USA is not in our favour. Might need to look into buying from abroad and either shipping or combinging with a trip

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
@jakc I'm 6'2" and while it's an extremely fun bike for all around riding, I found it a fraction short for the riding I'm predominantly doing (fast, fairly open descents where the shorter wheelbase was a bit squirrely at times). I changed to an Ibis Ripmo also in an XL which is a much bigger bike and suited what I was after better. PM me if you're interested, it wouldn't quite be a complete bike at the moment though because I used the brakes and dropper for my new build.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
can see that my height looks like it would be suitable for either L or XL
Throw a leg and demo before dropping the cash.

I'm 176cm (5'9"ish) and very comfortable on a Large Hightower LT. They are a tight cockpit.

jakc

Likes Bikes
Throw a leg and demo before dropping the cash.
Do they have demo days in VIC?
Back in the UK, I had a lot of fun on a Heckler model, and a couple of runs on a Bronson. I will need to get in touch with my pals and confirm the frame sizes.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Honest question - Do Santa Cruz frames have a much lower percentage of failure than other equivalent priced frames?- Never personally heard of one cracking.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Honest question - Do Santa Cruz frames have a much lower percentage of failure than other equivalent priced frames?- Never personally heard of one cracking.
I had one with something floating around in the chainstay once. Not a crack but probably some excess carbon sheet, resin or bladder?

Anyway, they replaced it no Qs asked through Neezy.

Definitely trust them more than pretty much any other brand in terms of manufacturing quality.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Santa Cruz definitely have a demo fleet, and I tried one without trouble or cost from Yarra Valley Cycles.

It wasn't for me (too slack STA and too short rear centre).

Reliability is supposed to be top tier which you'd expect for the $$$.

As suggested, definitely demo and try alternatives before throwing down the Australian pesos.

Good luck!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Do they have demo days in VIC?
Not sure but as The Rev says, they would have a demo fleet that they would ship around for potential customers.

They are no weight weenie frame, quite solid feeling, my high end build carbon CC is 14kg.