'Sarp from Brisbane~!

toness

Cannon Fodder
Hey all,

New to the forum, so I guess a little bit about myself;

The ratio between ride and work is currently an ongoing struggle... but try to escape the laboratory as often as I can for a fang on the bike.

Started out on a glorious steel Norco steed before being lucky enough to progress onto some slightly nicer bikes over the years... My Yeti 5.5 and Evil Insurgent are my most recent faves.

Not opposed to throwing the bike into a bag, and that bag and onto a plane.. outside of Brisbane Derby has been a highlight, with honourable mentions to youyangs and mount archer up in rocky. NZ and Canadia are on the hit list.

Cheers!

Tones

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Greetings Tones - welcome to the nut house.

You're not alone in your struggle for ride time, the SEQ weather hasn't helped much lately either. Where do you ride around Brissy?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Hi
and welcome to the circus.

Greetings Tones - welcome to the nut house.

You're not alone in your struggle for ride time, the SEQ weather hasn't helped much lately either. Where do you ride around Brissy?
Doesn't help when trail builders align trails through swamp land then notify everyone of new trails 2 days before a large weather event.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Yeah - not the best alignment. Can only think that there might have been some culturally or environmentally significant areas that needed to be avoided... Or maybe it was just a huge brain fart by those that pegged it out - they should have walked the route after rain to see how wet it gets.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yeah - not the best alignment. Can only think that there might have been some culturally or environmentally significant areas that needed to be avoided... Or maybe it was just a huge brain fart by those that pegged it out - they should have walked the route after rain to see how wet it gets.
That did cross my mind about routing the trail through there because of other factors but I really think they shouldn't have built if that was the only option. I know they do the best they can with very limited funding and help but lots of unnecessary suffering may have been avoided.

Gap creek was fine to ride over the weekend, except for the rocket frog trail which has always been a mud pit at the bottom after a bit of rain.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Thats what you get when Parks get involved.
Let the Pros choose the route, too many chiefs not enough cred for the professional trail builders. I reckon