Save Old Bathurst Road Mountain bike tracks Please vote

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It seems the time for digging up the past...I've found a few forum posts and articles from 2009-2012 around this particular trail and some others from a few RB regulars. I'm now wondering if there is any such trail/s as this available in the blue mountains again? I'm particularly inspired by the indication of ability to shuttle by train...

stirk

Burner
It seems the time for digging up the past...I've found a few forum posts and articles from 2009-2012 around this particular trail and some others from a few RB regulars. I'm now wondering if there is any such trail/s as this available in the blue mountains again? I'm particularly inspired by the indication of ability to shuttle by train...
The closest you'll get to a downhill trail being publically mentioned is the legal knapsack park downhill. Shuttle train from emu plains to glenbrook with some road sections to the station at the bottom of the hill and from the station back to the trail.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The closest you'll get to a downhill trail being publically mentioned is the legal knapsack park downhill. Shuttle train from emu plains to glenbrook with some road sections to the station at the bottom of the hill and from the station back to the trail.
I'm happy to receive a bombardment of private messages...

Cheers for the start of info though.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
C'mon stirko, you don't expect the dh boys to pedal to a train and back do you? Trains are cigarette and alcohol free zones, how do you do shuttle days?! Get yourself down to chook and become a lump.

stirk

Burner
C'mon stirko, you don't expect the dh boys to pedal to a train and back do you? Trains are cigarette and alcohol free zones, how do you do shuttle days?! Get yourself down to chook and become a lump.
The effort of pedalling to the station would near kill you!

But on the positive side you dh boys could do your peddling on the train

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Mmmm...just imagine it; 1 extra carriage added to the mountain trains each weekend. An open car number that resembles riding in the back of the Ute...tunes blaring, bums hanging over the side at every crossing, driver doing a burnout when he drops you off...

It does amuse me that some places are talking about building expensive and specific infrastructure to attract bike riders, yet you guys already have the transport network in place. Just need the trails made to capitalise. There must be enough tourism in the blue mountains already!

hazza6542

Eats Squid
No more hanging body parts out of vehicles, last time I ended up whipping my pants off in a car I pulled the wrong muscle.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No more hanging body parts out of vehicles, last time I ended up whipping my pants off in a car I pulled the wrong muscle.
Never chuck an in car browneye post ride either. A day of sweat and farts trapped in your pants and butt cheeks does not need to be released in a car. It's ok ish if you have aired out thoroughly post ride.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It does amuse me that some places are talking about building expensive and specific infrastructure to attract bike riders, yet you guys already have the transport network in place. Just need the trails made to capitalise. There must be enough tourism in the blue mountains already!
Strangely our council has real problems in getting money from tourism. The best they have achieved are the parking meters around the Three Sisters at Echo Point which isn't substantial.

We have pushed continually for the idea of trails to entice middle aged males with large disposable incomes that would stay overnite in the area and distribute some of that money around but they just don't take it on as a viable idea despite the evidence from towns elsewhere.

A big problem as well is that the conservationists in the mountains are a very powerful lobby group. They are still sore about the Knapsack DH and officially monitor it every six months. They make sure anything new would be a nightmare to deal with and a few riders who can group together is hardly up to the task. Everyone got burnt out just trying to keep our heads above water!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Strangely our council has real problems in getting money from tourism. The best they have achieved are the parking meters around the Three Sisters at Echo Point which isn't substantial.

We have pushed continually for the idea of trails to entice middle aged males with large disposable incomes that would stay overnite in the area and distribute some of that money around but they just don't take it on as a viable idea despite the evidence from towns elsewhere.

A big problem as well is that the conservationists in the mountains are a very powerful lobby group. They are still sore about the Knapsack DH and officially monitor it every six months. They make sure anything new would be a nightmare to deal with and a few riders who can group together is hardly up to the task. Everyone got burnt out just trying to keep our heads above water!
I did come across a few bits of ~2010 era information with your name on it spread across the Internet. I totally understand being burnt out and the power of those who think bushland is for looking at.

One catch with tourism is that it is great for local busniess, but the council themselves struggle to capture a solid share. They do usually shoulder a lot of the burden of the increase too. What are the chances of local business groups getting behind something? Those meters at the 3 sisters are a great example of council desperation...people leave filth all over the place down there for the council to take care of, which is a shame.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did come across a few bits of ~2010 era information with your name on it spread across the Internet. I totally understand being burnt out and the power of those who think bushland is for looking at.

One catch with tourism is that it is great for local busniess, but the council themselves struggle to capture a solid share. They do usually shoulder a lot of the burden of the increase too. What are the chances of local business groups getting behind something? Those meters at the 3 sisters are a great example of council desperation...people leave filth all over the place down there for the council to take care of, which is a shame.
You are right, I think getting a plan with local business groups is the only way something sizeable could be achieved. Still it would be a massive undertaking to get businesses to understand what the advantages for them of such a plan, as well as dealing with resistance from conservationists and council.

Getting a project like that running would take a lot of riders and time. The last efforts post OBR fractured the riding community as well, so regrouping all that again would be a huge challenge.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You are right, I think getting a plan with local business groups is the only way something sizeable could be achieved. Still it would be a massive undertaking to get businesses to understand what the advantages for them of such a plan, as well as dealing with resistance from conservationists and council.

Getting a project like that running would take a lot of riders and time. The last efforts post OBR fractured the riding community as well, so regrouping all that again would be a huge challenge.
I know I wouldnt bother. I've seen how that plays out at home. Lots of hard work arse kissing amd suddenly you have some really bland trails where there used to be fun stuff.