Save outlooks!

Why is it being knocked down? The petition doesn't tell us much.
There a cpl of reasons 1 being of coarse liabilty but our stand is this is no more dangerous than a skate park or surfing so that should not be a issue in our eyes and a cpl of the locals at the top have made comments about shuttle vechiles but I have spoken to all the resisdents in that area and its only a cpl that have a problem with us and that is always the case with anything it only takes 1 or 2 to make a fuss the rest love that we are using the area,we maintain this place to a very hi quility very low in pack on erosion the fire trail that splits the 2 tracks is a far worse enviromental concern than what we have made some people say our track is to smooth,as for rubbish we have a page on facebook could outlook freeride/downhill and on there we post clean up days,we are also cleaning messes at the top and bottom every now and then that is made by idiots at night as this is a popular spot at night because of the views so we as mountainbikers are trying to be doing the right thing with the locals.
We have posted a professional sign at the top of the track payed out of our own money stating ride at own risk and ability ,and a few other things,we have spent alot of money on tools and the correct treated wood for all our wooden structures.
So the long and the short of it its the typical reasons libility,enviromental which if you had the chance to get to the track you would see for yourself the quilty there is of the highest standard as we pride ourselves to have the best freeride /downhill track in australia and the comments on the petition back this up guys from all over austraila ride there even international including chris kavarac and nathen rennie and this is a fact showen by comments on that petition.This this track has been compared to whistler and places in nz and we want to inspire young kids to get into the sport where they can learn to do jumps on properly built jumps and features,we are up there most saturdays and we are always to willing to give tips on how to do things,this track is not just about a few guys wanting this place for themselves we are talking about the development of this sport in austraila and this place is the stepping stones for the younger generation to learn and old buggers like myself I am 41 and doing bigger and higher jumps than i have ever only because this place is around it helped with my confidence when I went to whistler and has helped with many more guys who have been there.
So I hope this helps explains the concerns of why this place should stay around so please,please,please sign our petition.

TimCz83

Likes Dirt
Signed!

My lack of talent means ill prob never ride the track, but certain sections I'd still love to build up some skill and try!

raso

Likes Bikes
Our petition has just gone over 300 :) we still need heaps more so if you haven't signed it could you take 3 minutes please ;)

we are up to 350 signatures but need alot more to make the council take us seriously,I have seen that this post has been veiwed over 1000 times yet we dont even have half the that in signatures,we know this park has had a reputation for having very big features and that it keeps riders away but we are all into the same sport if you are reading the downhill posts,up intill the other day the other main builder and a cpl of the other guys were in the process of putting a total new downhill line in to this park catering for straight downhill no big drops or massive gaps just fast tech line with rock gardens and steep decents,we had been asked by a few poeple to cater for this and have seen the need so started,but that is all on hold now and looks like it will never come to fuition,PLEASE HELP WITH THE PETITION and we could see a new amazing 3 minute line dedicated to downhill come to life designed to flow up to the quilty of the rest of the tracks with out the scary gaps and drops what downhiller dosent love a new track.

Simonco

Likes Bikes
Approximately how many signatures do we require do you think? Is it worth looking at hiring the BBQ tent at Burnings with a laptop for people to sign the petition and a LCD screen setup to play some videos?

Trade a signature of the petition for a free sausage dog!!

Get the general public involved to show the council that it isn't just us riders that want it saved.

Simonco

Likes Bikes
FYI - have contacted a few mates with blogs and they are going to throw the link up, also a local business (Ferry Road Detailing) on the Gold Coast is going to put it on their Facebook wall.

I have also spoken with a mate that is involved with an online radio show and he is going to try and work it into his weekly show.

raso

Likes Bikes
A friend is contacting mic and Tracey Hanna asap .they are obviously racing at the world cup so hopefully they can talk to some other high profile Aussie racers and get more signatures! Tracey has done some training at outlook so it would be great to have her onboard ! Congratulation Tracey on your 2nd place today at the world cup ;)

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Petition signed. The Outlook has to be preserved. I'll shoot an email to Naomi at GCCC. She's one of the development officers and works with Howard the senior ranger. Howard is a MTBer. Naomi is not a rider, but is fairly pro-riding and has been quite sympathetic to the future of the Tambo DH track. Long live the Outlook. It's sick and as stated, so sick the liability is minimal because with one look nearly everyone says Not for me - I'll watch.