Save outlooks!

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
gravity, I think what you are saying is really good, but only lawyers can understand sentences over 100 words without punctuation. If there has been a stay on execution, that's really good. Gives time to talk to the local councillor etc. Heard something about the weather stopping the dozers, but sounds more likely the support is filtering through to council. It is more than likely they are reading this thread. Let us know what else can be done to help.

BB1

Likes Dirt
Guys - something to consider is to outline the benefits that it brings if you can meet with the councillor. For example, my riding crew are Brisbane based but travel down to ride that track semi-regularly. We always buy fuel, food, and drinks from the local shops. If the track isn't there then there is no reason for us to travel to Nerang any more. You can also point out that it's far better to have people track building and riding than getting up to mischief. Pretty sure MTB'ers haven't been involved in any of the drive-by's!

Props to the track builders BTW, the big stuff is too nuts for me but often ride the right hand 'natural' track for DH training... although I do love to watch people hitting the big stuff.

Good luck!

raso

Likes Bikes
We had a very positive meeting at the track this morning with Councillors Tracey Gilmore ( division 5 ) and Glenn Tozer ( division 9 ).
They are supportive of our cause so now the ball is back in our court to get organised asap. We need to create a club so we can be officially recognized and enlist as many members as possible. Then we can start the official communications. Will let you know soon how you can become a member :thumb:

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
We had a very positive meeting at the track this morning with Councillors Tracey Gilmore ( division 5 ) and Glenn Tozer ( division 9 ).
They are supportive of our cause so now the ball is back in our court to get organised asap. We need to create a club so we can be officially recognized and enlist as many members as possible. Then we can start the official communications. Will let you know soon how you can become a member :thumb:
Fantastic news! Hope it all goes well.

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Congrats guys. Starting a club is a great idea. Membership = $$$$, $$$$ = Insurance, Insurance = No worries from council.

MyEmpire

Likes Dirt
Haha

haha I have signed it 3 times just by making up different names and crap hahahaha with different emails. How many votes do we have/need?

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What great news. Do you have to make a new club or would being part of the GCMTB club do the trick? - it already has some ties to council.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Good news, great to hear you guys may well get to keep your trails and keep working on them.
I don't want to dampen anyone's spirits but them saying you need a club to be recognised it utter shit. All it will do is give them an avenue to blame someone else and shift any responsibility in the event of any injuries or damage to the land straight back onto the club members. I've been down this road and while it is a good thing to have a ton of enthusiastic people sign a petition, having them act on it and fill members of the committee in a responsible way can be a damn nightmare.
I dare say that area would encompass some BMX tracks or walking tracks that people volunteer to maintain and still use but they aren't necessarily part of any club; they do it because they want to. To me, the guys that build and maintain that trail do it because they want to be there and want to ride it. I'd go so far as to say that bunch of guys is basically a club anyway but without the political crap you have to put on paper to satisfy someone who is just waiting for you to trip over and shut you down.
Be careful as to what you agree to guys. I've never come across a council or government department that does anything other than take too damn long to do anything and then throw the book in your direction if they see a chance.
It is embarrassing how far behind the rest of the world Australia is with land access and recreational sports like mountain biking. Hopefully things can start moving and get people out riding and building great trails.

raso

Likes Bikes
Thanks Dozer i/we need all the advice and feedback possible at the moment as the political side of riding bikes is new to me ! Could you
pm me your number so I could call you for a chat at some point. We are learning on the fly but would be great to get pointers if you dont mind !
Oh and i would love to come down for a ride soon as i think the last time we rode together was just before Kram defected .

iridedh

Likes Dirt
Thanks Dozer i/we need all the advice and feedback possible at the moment as the political side of riding bikes is new to me ! Could you
pm me your number so I could call you for a chat at some point. We are learning on the fly but would be great to get pointers if you dont mind !
Oh and i would love to come down for a ride soon as i think the last time we rode together was just before Kram defected .
Hey mate great work, if anything I an do to help, count me in!!!
I work for the Brisbane city council, I wouldn't say I know rules around parks and all, but I have a bit of experience in dealing with council!!!
I'm on of those Brazilian boys!! Whole family ride!!! So when you see us on the outlook, come have a chat!!!
Also Paulo, pedro and Gabriel, said they would
Be happy to help in any way!!'
Let us know
Thanks for fighting for our sport

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here's a pic for fun. You guys have probably already been directed by GCCC councillors to Howard Taylor (senior ranger); his prime objective is protecting council conservation areas, but he is also a mountain biker. I've ridden down the Beerburrum DH track following him and he's fairly comfortable on his 140mm dually. He's not going to be easy to argue with, so all the best for the negotiations to follow.

He shoots, he scores   Chris at the Outlook 1 1.jpg

raso

Likes Bikes
Thank you for offering the support !! At some stage in the near future we will need financial members for the club so if your interested that would be the most powerful way of supporting the cause. This will help by maintaining access,covering you for insurance while your riding and go towards maintaining the track. I will get back to you if
there is anything else i have missed . And i m enjoying fighting for our sport as i m passion about it :thumb: