SC Blur TRc 650B

solo

Likes Dirt
Where can i get one of those Kedge chainkeepers from
Love that bike can't wait till i get my cruz now

Gripo

Eats Squid
Wiggle, or the internets.....a must for carbon frames, a would be good for alloy frames....

solo

Likes Dirt
Thanks gonna get one for my new Blur how many spacers on the bb does the k edge replace Gripper?

Gripo

Eats Squid
Thanks gonna get one for my new Blur how many spacers on the bb does the k edge replace Gripper?
On the drive side (RHS) you will run the Shimano BB and the K-edge (no spacers) and on the LHS just the Shimano BB....

Boxer

Likes Dirt
Anyone know if this 650 conversion will work on a Blur Xc frame (medium)? And RS Revelations are a definite no to fit 650's?

Gripo

Eats Squid
Anyone know if this 650 conversion will work on a Blur Xc frame (medium)? And RS Revelations are a definite no to fit 650's?
I believe a fellow Aussie did a 650b conversion on the Blur XC carbon frame.....

Head over to mtbr.com and search the 650b forum.....a pic/details are there somewhere...also frame/fork lists...

Also www.650bpalace.com have a conversion list of frame/forks.

SC Blurs seem to have enough room...

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've seen a few pictures of the early new-revelations (first of the 20mm when they replaced the old qr 85-130mm version) fitting racing ralphs. I've got a pair and just received my 650b rims. So I'll let you know in a few days.

Boxer

Likes Dirt
Thanks fellahs, from what I am reading the SC Blur Xc will take them, but no one mentions the frame size they are using (would have thought this would make a difference).

Interested g-fish on how you go with the revelations.

Surely it should be a matter for any 26er of simply measuring the vertical clearance to the fork and the chain stay clearance/seat tube clearance and adding an arbitrary radius value those with 650b tyres can provide us with over the 26" tyre size (plus a fudge factor for different tyre brands and dimensions)?

Gripo

Eats Squid
Thanks fellahs, from what I am reading the SC Blur Xc will take them, but no one mentions the frame size they are using (would have thought this would make a difference).
My understanding is the only change to the frame sizes is the front triangle.....

Boxer

Likes Dirt
Of course makes - sense

So how do you like your conversion Gripper? You've had a few SC bikes - comparison to your Tallboy would be good. Also I am thinking an XC conversion would suit really well as its BB height is lower than the TR?

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Awesome bike!

Funny actually I've got one of these on order (with a standard SC build kit) and was just seeing if anyone else on the forum had one and viola, picture of one at what looks like jubilee park somewhere.

I'd love to see yours some time with that setup, its really interesting.... it actually makes it look like a 4x bike in that config (my sense of scale is all out).

Gripo

Eats Squid
Of course makes - sense

So how do you like your conversion Gripper? You've had a few SC bikes - comparison to your Tallboy would be good. Also I am thinking an XC conversion would suit really well as its BB height is lower than the TR?
I like the TRc a lot, in so much as it's my only bike in the shed at the moment, as I sold a couple bikes recently to make the purchase of our 20Ac (my own lil single track trail system) a bit easier.

Considering the XC/TR conversion I think that you'll get a more capable bike (26 or 650b wheel size) if you go the TRc, really it's within a couple hundred grams and has a geometry that is more rewarding of a riders inputs....the BB on the XC isn't that much lower and honestly pedal strikes will piss you off.

Compared to a Tallboy.....650b wheels definately give a more sure footed feel in corners and aid in roll over of logs and rocks, these aspects remind me most of the Tallboy without dulling the 26r feel..........but it's no Tallboy.....

The Tallboy has a feeling of being in the bike (29r thing?) and that's something I love about the Tallboy and sort of reminds me of a moto, along with the things mentioned above.

Hence, I have ordered a Tallboy LTc, a bike that I'd been wanting for since spending last year on the Tallboy, which lead me into the path of experimenting with 650b while the TB LTc was in the works....

Bottom line TRc over the XCc......for me anyday

Awesome bike!

Funny actually I've got one of these on order (with a standard SC build kit) and was just seeing if anyone else on the forum had one and viola, picture of one at what looks like jubilee park somewhere.

I'd love to see yours some time with that setup, its really interesting.... it actually makes it look like a 4x bike in that config (my sense of scale is all out).
Scott I'm sure you'll appreciate the TRc with your DH background, feels very stable for such a light bike and corners superbly....it's in so much as a carbon 4x really...

If you can organize it with Hamo/FTR hold out for the 12x142 rear end....not that the rear is flexy, but the screw through rear end would be nice to have over QR....I run a 10mm through axle anyways, so that negates it for me.

Sure you can have a look at the TRc when the weather clears.

Had a couple changes in the past few months..... Fox Float 32 with travel set at 130mm (just right), 2x Stans Crest/Hope P2 Wheelsets one with the Schwalbe's the other set has 2.35 Kenda Nevegals and a couple stem changes.....70mm Thomson made me feel stretched, 60mm RF Turbine to cramped and finally settled on a Atherton PRO Stem at a "just right" 65mm length....funny how a few mm can make a difference?

Oh one other change that has really benefited the bike, was installing www.diymtb.com.au needle/roller bearing conversion kit into the rear shock mount replacing the bushing. Rear suspension is much more compliant to small bumps and thanks to the VPP doesn't wallow in it's initial travel.

trc copy.jpg

Last edited:

Gripo

Eats Squid
TRc 275

Wrong decision.....went and sold my TRc frame/fork several weeks ago to have "the one bike" in the shed which I thought might be a TBLTc......

Needless to say the TRc is probably one of the best bikes I've had, so with time to think I changed my mind and add a SL29r for the big wheel fix......stupid is as stupid does.

Lucky to have kept the running gear and 650b/27.5" wheels, here's V2....

Attachments

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Green is nice!

Man, that thing is mint!
Easily one of the best bikes on 'burn

Where did you get the green Fox decals?

Gripo

Eats Squid
Easily one of the best bikes on 'burn
You are just saying that Dude because you're just a Santa Cruz byatch?....hehehe

Yes, where the green stickers from?
ManWhere did you get the green Fox decals?
Gents they are factory......

No, seriously....I just removed the stock decals with a hairdryer, took'em down too the local sign/graph guys and asked them to do'em in the colours I wanted....even have them in black/purple for the girls LT & black/light orange for the SL29r.

Turned out pretty spece hey!

Last edited:

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
More importantly , when is this SC coming up for sale and the new project star ???????

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just came across this thread Gripper. Kudos on the build looks very nice. Am running a TRc as well, with Revelations though, and really like it. Keen to follow this and find out more about the 650b build, maybe next time I get up the range I'll tee up a ride...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Gripo

Eats Squid
More importantly , when is this SC coming up for sale and the new project star ???????
April next year..... for the "Blur LTc 275"....

• 23" TT
• 67deg HA
• 12.5" BB
• 17" CS
• 150mm travel
• 27.5" wheels

The TRc won't be sold, it will hang on the shed wall along with my old 4X frame......unless you make a decent offer SeFx

Damienp

Likes Dirt
April next year..... for the "Blur LTc 275"....

• 23" TT
• 67deg HA
• 12.5" BB
• 17" CS
• 150mm travel
• 27.5" wheels

The TRc won't be sold, it will hang on the shed wall along with my old 4X frame......unless you make a decent offer SeFx
Now i know what frame will replace my BLTc.