AM SC Nomad C

tunsis

Likes Bikes
Thought I best post this before the imminent release of the Nomad 4 renders my current bike irrelevant and rubbish... :p

I call her Darknessss...

nomad.back.smaller.jpg

nomad.side.smaller.jpg

push.smaller.jpg

Frame 2015 Nomad CC XL, stealth black
Fork: Rockshox Lyric RCT3 170mm, no tokens, 75PSI, 4 clicks LSC, 4 clicks out rebound
Shock: Push ElevenSix, 425lbs spring
Headset: Chris King

Wheels
Hubs: DT Swiss 350 15/142, 32h
Rims: Zelvy 40mm Hookless AM, 32h, 3k Matte
Spokes: DT Swiss Champion, Brass Nipples,
Tyres: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 and and SS in 2.3 EXO, TR, 3C

Drivetrain
Crank: Rotor Rex 3.1 170mm
Chainring: Rotor XC1 30T Oval Narrow/Wide
Derailleur: Shimano M781 XT 10spd, OneUp RAD Cage
Shifter: Shimano M780 XT 10spd
Cassette: SRAM PG1070 11-42t OneUp expander
Chain: SRAM 10spd
Pedals: Shimano XT M8000 Race
Bottom Bracket: Enduro BSA Ceramic

Brakes
Levers: Shimano M988 XTR Trail Servo Wave
Calipers: Shimano M985 XTR Trail
Rotors: Shimano Zee 6-bolt 203mm F / 180mm R

Controls
Handlebars: Easton Havoc Carbon, 750mm
Stem: Thomson Elite X4, 40mm
Seatpost: BikeYoke Revive 160mm, Triggy lever
Saddle: Giant Contact thingy
Grips: Yeti

~13.2kg

Probable upgrades for the future:
- actually fit my Stash mudguards
- roll the drivetain to XT8000 Di2 11spd 11-46
- upgrade the Lyrik to be open bath Avalanche dampener, or get an Ohlins RXF

But realistically none of these would improve on it. Its rider limited as is... ;)

Here is its stable mate. It does actually have knobblies on it before you crucify me for posting a roadie... :p

stigmata.front.smaller.jpg

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Awesome build, especially the coil shock with climb switch. Only thing I'm a bit confused about is the pedals, which are very much XC, unlike everything else on the bike. She'd be right at home with some HT X2s or T1s.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Great stable of steeds. Love 'em both and I bet the Stigmata is more fun than it should be.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Very nice Nomad tunsis. Curious to know your thoughts on the Bike Yoke dropper? Do you have to 'reset' it very often?

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
You have a very understanding wife or life partner!

Lovely bikes, have you ridden the nomad with any other shocks? curious as to the 11-6 on the nomad.

teK--

Eats Squid
Sweet ride mate, love it!

How is the coil going? I read somewhere the Nomad curve isn't particularly good for coils or did Push tune that out with their dampening?

tunsis

Likes Bikes
Awesome build, especially the coil shock with climb switch. Only thing I'm a bit confused about is the pedals, which are very much XC, unlike everything else on the bike. She'd be right at home with some HT X2s or T1s.
well they dont call these dentists bikes for no reason... ;)

I've full clip in pedals atm as where I'm riding is very up and down so on the whole they just work better for me. I'm about to move to Tasmania where I imagine flats will be the go.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
well they dont call these dentists bikes for no reason... ;)

I've full clip in pedals atm as where I'm riding is very up and down so on the whole they just work better for me. I'm about to move to Tasmania where I imagine flats will be the go.
I don't mean flats, I mean clip in pedals with a platform. Makes a huge difference as your shoe actually contacts a larger surface area of the pedal and you feel more connected to the bike.

Haha 'dentist's bikes' I hadn't heard that one before.

tunsis

Likes Bikes
Very nice Nomad tunsis. Curious to know your thoughts on the Bike Yoke dropper? Do you have to 'reset' it very often?
It needed resetting out of the box prior to install (as the instructions said it would) but otherwise on the few rides I've used it for it hasnt skipped a beat. Would need a bit more time on it to properly comment.

Lovely prompt action, definitely keep your boys out of the way on its return!

rtd

Likes Dirt
Very nice. How good is the bikeyoke revive post! Running one and love it to bits.

Curious to know your thoughts on the Bike Yoke dropper? Do you have to 'reset' it very often?
I have to 'reset' mine every few rides. It's a pretty simple job and makes the post function like new.

-Rich