School me on PF30 BB Options, Praxis etc

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Looking to replace the garbage creaky SRAM PF30 BB currently residing in my 2016 stumpy/camber frame. Bike has the OEM SRAM carbon cranks, basically XO without the XO label on them as far as I can tell.

I've been looking at some of these 'conversion' BB's but am a bit confused by the terminology ('conversion' being used to describe from PF to essentially threaded and also SRAM > Shimano cranks and vice versa).

I'd be keeping the current cranks so just wondering if anyone has just replaced the SRAM BB with the Praxis one?? Which one did you choose and where can you buy them?? Any issues setting up or with durability? Also considering Wheels MFG...

Also keen to hear any other success stories with higher quality regular PF BB's (CK, Hope etc) if anyone's had luck with them??

Please no buy a new frame with threaded BB responses :behindsofa:

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking to replace the garbage creaky SRAM PF30 BB currently residing in my 2016 stumpy/camber frame. Bike has the OEM SRAM carbon cranks, basically XO without the XO label on them as far as I can tell.

I've been looking at some of these 'conversion' BB's but am a bit confused by the terminology ('conversion' being used to describe from PF to essentially threaded and also SRAM > Shimano cranks and vice versa).

I'd be keeping the current cranks so just wondering if anyone has just replaced the SRAM BB with the Praxis one?? Which one did you choose and where can you buy them?? Any issues setting up or with durability? Also considering Wheels MFG...

Also keen to hear any other success stories with higher quality regular PF BB's (CK, Hope etc) if anyone's had luck with them??

Please no buy a new frame with threaded BB responses :behindsofa:
You really can't go wrong with the Wheels Mfg thread together type BB. Either the standard or Angular contact bearings depending upon how much you want to spend. Just need to factor in the cost of a Park BB spanner to suit.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
You really can't go wrong with the Wheels Mfg thread together type BB. Either the standard or Angular contact bearings depending upon how much you want to spend. Just need to factor in the cost of a Park BB spanner to suit.
This. This. So much this. Just don't get the drive side and non drive side mixed up...

SCV imports have them locally...

Z

Zaf

I actually got one with my Yeti when the plan was to transfer a buildkit rather than buy new parts. So if you need a Wheels MFG PF30 adaptor for SRAM GXP cranks, give me a hoi and we can work out a deal.
I personally use Praxis kits on both my SB5c and my Stumpy at the moment, and they're completely problem free. They're so effective, I don't have any concerns buying frames with a PF30 interface now, because it is a simple, workable solution for the problems with the system.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Cheers guys.

I was having a bit of difficulty tracking down the Praxis ones but I noticed MTBdirect seem to have the full range of Wheels MFG ones so I think I will confirm correct one with them and purchase Monday.

Zaf I'm sure you will buy another bike soon enough and find a use for the one you have. haha :thumb: