School state and national enduro champs

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
Hi guys,

I have a had a bit of a look through some of the club websites. Does anyone know when the NSW (WSMTB) school champs and ACT school enduro champs are on this year? Im trying to get funding through http://www.ausport.gov.au/participating/schools_and_juniors/juniors/get_involved/local_sporting_champions[/URL

I know Thredbo have run a National School Champs in the past, but I was under the impression that the was individual rather than a team race?

Thanks in advance to those in the know!

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Can't tell you anything useful, but I do have to say thanks for the link. Will be useful for trying to get funding for some of the kids down this way.

There's also an elite athlete travel grant open at the moment available via DPCD - http://www.dpcd.vic.gov.au/home/grants/all-grants/elite-athlete-travel-grants
You can use this application post-event as well.

We sent a junior team to Adelaide last year, and were refunded most of the cost six months later

Roland

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
ACT School Champs

CORC generally run these champs in early September to fit in with the school exam calendar (apparently). A quick look at the Stromlo Forest Park bookings shows that we haven't put anything in as yet. I'll ask around the committee to see if they have more info.

serowe

Likes Dirt
Be interested to hear if all of the grants that were previously available are maintained through 2012. A State Govt employee source I have in VIC (who works primarily handing out state government grant money) advised me about a month ago that there has been a humungous cut in the money available for all types of grants due to the Fed govt cutting back (they want to 'balance the books' anyway they can). And, as the majority of State Govt money comes via the Fed Govt he said to 'expect a real pinch' in the coming months.

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At this stage the NSW champs will be on the June 16/17th. We are looking at other options in terms of dates but a change is unlikely to happen this year.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Vic Schools Cycling Champs will be in Albury on Sun 24 June (MTB) and Tue 26 June (Road). NSW students eligible to compete.