Schwalbe Addix

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Yo.

Any Schwalbe bros here who are now on Addix Compound tyres?

I'm still on the older Super Gravity TrailStar tyres... The same set I've been on since 2015.

They've been great across 3 different frames.
The Magic Mary front is still almost perfect, but the Hans Dampf on the rear is *just* starting to look like it might be time to start shopping for a replacement.

Suck on that Schwalbe naysayers! Haha. I've had no real durability issues with this set! It's been great.

However, now they've moved to Addix, I'm curious about what others think, vs. their older Vert/Trail/Pacestar compounds.

How are they holding up for you guys running them?

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Been running magic marys since their release, I had one bad tyre tearing of edge knobs from the initial stock, but otherwise they have been great.

The ultra soft addix vs vertstar, I can't tell the difference on the trail, feels the same to me. After 4 full shuttle days, I think the addix ultra soft is wearing a little slower than vert star, but I haven't ridden anywhere too rocky other than Baw Baw, so that may be a contributing factor.

You need to piss that hans dampf off and get a rock razor, unless your climbing muddy and slippery hills better in every regard, oh and straight line braking, its not great at that either.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Straight line braking performance is exactly why I got rid of the Rock Razors I had before... Haha.

I've had the regular Snakeskin and the Super Gravity PaceStar versions. On the trail bike it was nice, but now I'm down to a single do-it-all bike I'd like to maintain a good middle ground, and that's why I kept the Hans Dampf.

Joe_MTB

Likes Dirt
I’ve been running the addix soft magic mary for a few months now.
Haven’t noticed any noticeable difference in grip from the old compound but hey are wearing a lot better. No longer get that eating away of the inside of the side lugs that I used to see after a few rides

Scotty675

Cable thief
I have been using these for a while now. On both hardtail and dually. Grip wise I personally don’t feel the difference but they do definitely last longer. Rolling resistance I would say the same as well.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have been running a Magic Mary Addix soft upfront and a Nobby Nic Addix Speedgrip rear for a few months now. After hearing about how the Addix compound was meant to make these more durable than the older compounds I thought I would give Schwalbe another go.
My last trip to Buller I tore a knob and a half off the Nobby Nic and also punctured. One of the knobs tore badly enough that it would no longer hold pressure. The Magic Mary tore half a knob off and has several smaller tears on other knobs, some down to the casing ply. I managed to glue the knobs back down on the Mary and it seems to be holding up okay, but I don't think it will last.
Thanks to both Mountainbikesdirect and CRC I have had them both replaced under warranty.

I would like to think that I just got unlucky and got a bad batch or that i just manged to hit the same gnarly rocks on consecutive runs, but it seems unlikely. I have never had a similar issue with Maxxis so should the replacements fail the same way I will be back onto them.

YMMV.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I've never ripped a knob off, even on the older versions!

Hopefully your replacements fare better.
Keep us in the loop!

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've never ripped a knob off, even on the older versions!

Hopefully your replacements fare better.
Keep us in the loop!
To be honest I have never ripped a knob off any tyre so to tear 3-4 on fairly new tyres seemed a bit off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro