SCOTT 24 hour 2010

Knopey

Likes Dirt
What Lefieant said.

The fact that there's this enthusiasm for conjecture is a result of the event's popularity. It's not that it's badly run. To a large degree, people just like talking about it.

It's still 4 months away, you know the date, and the rough format. There's nothing else you NEED to know at this stage...

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
But why such shoddy last minute preparation every year? Have any of the organisers heard of the "7 Ps"? And for Christ's sake this time make the course long enough to spread riders out a bit - how hard can it be????!!!!
I guess it's your turn next year.

But I agree with you on the website ;)

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Entries Are Open For 2010 Scott 24 Hr

Its on, and its up and running. If you want to get in quick, the online entry system is activated here.

To make it easy to enter - its best to gather your team info beforehand - MTBA numbers, Names, address, phone and T shirt size.

9 and 10 October 2010. Stromlo Forest Park. Entries capped at 450 team riders on-track, so that could mean between 1800 and 2500 team riders in total. This will provide a much less congested course than 2009, going back to the 40 to 45 metre average rider track spacings of the red/blue lap courses at Stromlo in 2007 and 2008.

The Corporate Team category is here again - but you don't need to be a sponsor or a corporation to enter - just find up to 10 riders and you're in ...

You can also order Fully fitted Team or Expo marquees. These are 6m x 6m Hoecker Marquees, with 2 Tables, 10 Chairs, Power, Lighting and Gas Heating. If you want to engage in commercial activity, you have to hire an Expo Marquee package.

Remember, no Solo category in the "Scott" this year - Teams Only. The Solos is the 24 hours of Adrenalin World Solo 24Hr MTB Champs, and you have to qualify for that, and enter via the 24 hours of Adrenalin site. Any questions about the World Solo 24HR Champs - send an email.

The Scott 24Hr and the World Solo 24Hr Champs will use different courses on the mountain, with riders only briefly together at the start/finish. But, with the open nature of Stromlo and the way the courses have been set up, there will be plenty of opportunity to see the world's best Solo 24 Hour riders in action.

Last edited:

Le Matelot

Does anyone know the age restriction for the Scott?
Age calculated as at 9 October 2010.

Minimum Age 14, however riders aged 12 or 13 can have their parents apply for permission provided they are in a team of 6, 8 or 10. The Race Director will make a non-appealable decision on whether the rider can race, and that may involve contacting coaches, MTBA clubs, other riders or getting the young riders taken out on a test ride by their MTBA club. The Race Director can also apply restrictions on the young riders, for example, not allowed to ride the first lap of the race, not allowed to ride at night, etc. If you have paid for your entry and then the 12/13 yo rider is refused permission to race, your entry will be refunded in full if you want to cancel your entry because you choose not to change category or find another rider.

At the other end of the scale, for riders who enter in the 40+ team categories, that is the average age of the riders in the team. Every rider does not have to be over 40. When calculating the average age, the rider's age (including decimals) is used, so 54.76 - not 54 - to pick an aged rider at random :)

While we're at it, there is also a formula for the minimum number of laps that have to be ridden by Female riders in mixed teams ... but wait for the Scott website for that one. All I'll say at this stage is don't enter a mixed team of 6 with one Female rider and then only have her only ride 1 lap of the race.

For the Schools Teams of 8 Category, riders have to have been enrolled in a secondary school at some stage during 2010, and they must be aged 14 to 18 (inclusive) - although the young rider 12/13 ruling can also be applied to Schools teams. There must be at least 6 riders in a schools team.

Last edited:

muvro

Likes Dirt
OK, great. Thanks for that. The rider in question will be 16 by race day, and certainly has the skill, ability and fitness, so shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers

Le Matelot

This seems pretty odd to me, really quiet subtle regos of the MTBA's site. Normally there's a big song and dance, with marketing campaign etc. This is a great way to get a lot of people pissed off when they miss out on an entry.
We're just waiting on a couple of website tweaks so that all the info can go up in one hit - but the announcement is up there in the news items on the CORC website.

If you're worried, get an entry in. As of this morning, the Scott is about 17% "full".

muvro

Likes Dirt
*edit* I just re-entered the team entry, and it's gone to a different page.

Last edited:

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@Le Matelot:

I was going to email MTBA about this - but it's probably a question that will come up a few times between now and the Scott 24.

How does one go about editing / modifying an entry on RegisterNow once the entry is made? There doesn't seem to be a clear way to get in to do it (like some other entry systems have).

Is there a way in, or is it a matter of emailing the details to MTBA?

frensham

Likes Dirt
This seems pretty odd to me, really quiet subtle regos of the MTBA's site. Normally there's a big song and dance, with marketing campaign etc. This is a great way to get a lot of people pissed off when they miss out on an entry.
I don't believe anyone has missed getting in over the last three years. Last year entries were open until the closing date. Relax.

nskz

Likes Dirt
@Le Matelot:

I was going to email MTBA about this - but it's probably a question that will come up a few times between now and the Scott 24.

How does one go about editing / modifying an entry on RegisterNow once the entry is made? There doesn't seem to be a clear way to get in to do it (like some other entry systems have).

Is there a way in, or is it a matter of emailing the details to MTBA?
I'm also after this info. It's not obvious how to edit an entry once it's already been made....or if it can even be done.

Le Matelot

I'm also after this info. It's not obvious how to edit an entry once it's already been made....or if it can even be done.
This should be able to be done, and the company behind MTBA's entry system will be getting an answer to us next week, which will then be promulgated on the website. In the meantime, as long as you have entered a team, then you are assured of a place, even if you later decide to change your team size.
I don't believe anyone has missed getting in over the last three years. Last year entries were open until the closing date. Relax.
The limit is the number of riders on track (in other words, the number of teams, not the total number of riders). This year it is 450, to keep the track uncongested. That will mean an average rider track spacing of 40 metres. See the attached graph for how previous years' average rider track spacings have been and you will see that 2006 and 2009 were in the mid 20's and both those events had a very congested "feel" out on the course. The 2 years of the red/blue hourglass courses at Stromlo (2007 & 2008) had mid 40's average rider track spacing.

Attachments

Last edited: