SCOTT 24 hour 2010

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Scott 24Hr Entry Progress

Entries 41% full as of 7 July.

Entries close 10 Sep, or when we reach 100%. You can enter here.

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
Does anyone know if teams can have heaters their marquees? I note that solos are not allowed unless they hire special marquees from CORC is all.

It doesn't say anything about it on the website, so running a gas heater in my teams own marquee should be OK?

muvro

Likes Dirt
Don't tell my missus you've got a heater, she'll abandon supporting my team for yours... lol

BigSplashBear

Likes Dirt
Does anyone know if teams can have heaters their marquees? I note that solos are not allowed unless they hire special marquees from CORC is all.

It doesn't say anything about it on the website, so running a gas heater in my teams own marquee should be OK?
Link: http://www.corc24hour.com.au/village/?IntCatId=30&IntContId=2257

Quote:
"....Nor fires, cookers, or heaters of any kind are permitted with 4 metres of any Event Structure or Stromlo Forest Park structure, including cabins and Hoecker marquees, unless these devices have been provided by the race organisers."

My read of it is that in the Teams camping area subject to suitable clearance then the answer is yes. Inside your own marquee/pop-up shelter (or Pizzaz's Army 'camping' hootchie - ;) ) - nope.
Given a 8m x 8m space the specified degree of clearance may make camp set up interesting and talking to your neighbours about their set up mandatory.

There is also mention of adult supervision somewhere in there too.

Bear - out

Le Matelot

Update on the Heaters, Cookers etc in Tents

OK, I have had some discussions with the ACT Fire Safety Dept and the Hire Company for the Marquees. Based on this, the rules will be relaxed somewhat for heaters and cookers, and the event website will be amended soon. In summary you can bring your own heaters and cookers subject to:

Mushroom and flat-panel gas heaters, gas cookers, fuel stoves and gas lights will be allowed in tents and pit rows (including in hired marquees) provided:
. they are no closer than 1 metre to any wall or ceiling,
. they are only be operated when the tent is open and responsible adult is present, and
. a fire blanket or dry-powder extinguisher is available in the tent/marquee.

No solid fuel cookers (like a webber hot coal BBQ) are allowed anywhere.

No open fires or braziers are allowed anywhere.

Users will be responsible for fire and/or heat damage caused by items in their charge.

In the Solo Pit Row, a representative of the hire company will inspect the hired marquees for damage on Sunday morning prior to the race finishing.

For info, the ACT Fire Brigade policy is attached. See section 5.10.

Attachments

rideabike

Likes Bikes
Is there any update as to when/or if riders can log in to update team details yet? Just had a look around the site and this doesn't seem to be an option. Or I'm going blind.:confused:

Le Matelot

Is there any update as to when/or if riders can log in to update team details yet? Just had a look around the site and this doesn't seem to be an option. Or I'm going blind.:confused:
This is going to sound weird, but email your change requests to MTBA and they will do it ...

Le Matelot

Scott 24Hr Entries

We're almost full. I expect entries will be shut off tomorrow (30 August) so if you're thinking about entering,

think quick - but act even quicker :)

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
What's the Course

Just digging this thread out for all the Team riders at this years Scott.

Any news on the course????
Who's riding to the top of the hill, solo's, teams or both?
Starting to get excited and need to know how much pain I'm in for after a winter of laziness.

muvro

Likes Dirt
Is there any info about the exact course etc. I've never ridden in canberra and would like to go have a run just to familiarise myself with the course.

Any links etc?

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Is there any info about the exact course etc. I've never ridden in canberra and would like to go have a run just to familiarise myself with the course.

Any links etc?
Website says course will be published 2 weeks before race.

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Last edited:

Blingerific

Likes Dirt

Any links etc?
The exact teams course will depend will be dependent on exact team numbers. Riders on course will determine which bits we add in or leave out.

Knopey's description gives you an idea of what to expect though...