SCOTT 24 hour 2010

drew.d

Likes Bikes
I rode some of the North side trails on Saturday... pretty wet in sections, and a few gutters and so on had formed. It doesn't seem to clear as well as the trails closer to the main car park.

Nobody else was riding up that end though, and it was my first time at Stromlo, so that was just initial impressions. Didn't have time to explore more than a couple of the sections however.

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
Village Maps

Hi, Does anybody else have problems downloading the village map off the website?
I can't download it and I'd like to have a look to start planning our campsite for this years event.

Any help much appreciated

Mick01

Likes Bikes
The area allocated to teams of 4/6/10 seems very small this year. What's the policy regarding camping in areas not shaded on the map. Is it OK to camp there? My assumption is yes, provided you are not too close to the track.

Neon

Likes Dirt
so do we have any idea where the course will go this year?
surely the teams course will be different to the solo's?

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
The area allocated to teams of 4/6/10 seems very small this year. What's the policy regarding camping in areas not shaded on the map. Is it OK to camp there? My assumption is yes, provided you are not too close to the track.
I have also been told that you cannot park your car in the camp sites... can anyone confirm this? Kinda problematic if you planned on sleeping in your car like some of us :)

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
I have also been told that you cannot park your car in the camp sites... can anyone confirm this? Kinda problematic if you planned on sleeping in your car like some of us :)
Unless you have a really good 4WD, your car isn't going to get into a lot of the campsites (or, if it does, it won't get out) :)

Officially, you have never been allowed to bring cars into the campsites for accom, although we have allowed some along pipeline road in the past.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Those dirty Solo riders get Skyline + Berm Track. What a waste - by sunset they're going to be too trashed to enjoy it anyway. :(

Still, Double Dissolution ahoy! :cool:

Thanks for making it available in time for the weekend's riding, Russ.

Last edited:

Blingerific

Likes Dirt
Those dirty Solo riders get Skyline + Berm Track. What a waste - by sunset they're going to be too trashed to enjoy it anyway. :(

Still, Double Dissolution ahoy! :cool:

Thanks for making it available in time for the weekend's riding, Russ.
Ah yes, but they have to climb the hill twice for the privilege :)

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Is it just me, or are the solo and the teams going different directions through transition?
Will check up with the graphics team... You both (solos and teams) finish the same direction - as shown on the solo course.

Last edited:

Blingerific

Likes Dirt
Is it just me, or are the solo and the teams going different directions through transition?
Not familiar with the Kamikaze transition technique? :D

The teams transition is around the wrong way. My bad. In fact I'll force myself to go and watch Collingwood lose as punishment... :eek:

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
Course looks great with plenty of spots near the solo's to yell encouragement to them.
Looking forward to riding the sections on the back of the mountain, what's the hill climb out off wombat junction like?
Is the teams course direction different from transition to wombat junction or homeview junction?

Now to plan the best campsite to get the best viewing of both races.

krisko

Likes Dirt
I hope the rock rollover just after the 3 drop offs on blue tongue is built up. Otherwise it will cause some major disruption on race day.
I use to ride it before the backside of it got washed out and someone has thrown some rocks on the other side of it, which makes things interesting.

Otherwise Its a blast.