SCOTT 24 hour 2010

Blingerific

Likes Dirt
I hope the rock rollover just after the 3 drop offs on blue tongue is built up. Otherwise it will cause some major disruption on race day.
I use to ride it before the backside of it got washed out and someone has thrown some rocks on the other side of it, which makes things interesting.

Otherwise Its a blast.
The rock rollover is getting a visit from Mr Crowbar :) Darren decided it would be easier to remove it and then rebuild it properly post race than modify or B line it.

Cheers!
Mullet

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that FOX Racing Shox will be at the World Solo 24 Hour Champs / SCOTT 24 Hour to provide suspension support throughout the event.

We ask that you have all your equipment serviced and ready to go prior to the weekend as we won't be doing last minute routine servicing at 11am on the Saturday! :rolleyes:

We will be available for suspension set-up from around 3pm on the Friday and then 8am on the Saturday- Shock pumps also for sale for those of you who don't own them.

Set-up is the key guys and gals... SET YOUR SAG!!
http://www.foxracingshox.com/protune...s&video=setsag

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
Any news on the modified course map for the Teams lap?
If you reverse the direction then we do the whole course backwards is that correct?

iscarrr

Likes Dirt
Made this just because i was interested.

Comparing both this years courses (solo and teams) and my gps data from last years race, which yeah was a day lap i believe. Apologies if ive cocked something up and labeled one of them wrong.

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
Any news on the modified course map for the Teams lap?
If you reverse the direction then we do the whole course backwards is that correct?
Nope, it was just the transition area that needed reversing. New version should be up soon.

dangersean

Likes Bikes
Unless you have a really good 4WD, your car isn't going to get into a lot of the campsites (or, if it does, it won't get out) :)

Officially, you have never been allowed to bring cars into the campsites for accom, although we have allowed some along pipeline road in the past.
Just wondering if we aren't able to drive into the campsites, how are we to go about lugging all out camping equipment, clothes, food, bikes and bike gear into the camping area from the carpark? Should I be packing a trolley or is there a special link vehicle like a minibus with traler on hand ;)

I am totally aware that space is at a premium, but the camp areas look tiny compared to other years and going by other comments are in the more 'arid' parts of stromlo this year.

muvro

Likes Dirt
Just wondering if we aren't able to drive into the campsites, how are we to go about lugging all out camping equipment, clothes, food, bikes and bike gear into the camping area from the carpark? Should I be packing a trolley or is there a special link vehicle like a minibus with traler on hand ;)

I am totally aware that space is at a premium, but the camp areas look tiny compared to other years and going by other comments are in the more 'arid' parts of stromlo this year.

X2

I'd like to know for sure if we can or can't also.

Jackstack

Likes Dirt

Probably the same it use to be, take a trolley, wheelbarrow or whatever else ya got with wheels, so ya don't have to carry it all.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Assume not (we've never been OFFICIALLY allowed to do it, despite it happening) and then if you can get in, it's a pleasant surprise.

RMB

Likes Dirt
We were aloud to bring them in last year and park right next to your tent, worked well!!

krisko

Likes Dirt
Has anyone seen or can link to, the new course map?

A little birdy told me that little seymour is being removed?

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
...and the year before.

It would seem pretty poor not to allow it when clearly it has been happening on mass for the past 2 years at least.
that was a different race, the Scott :)

This year the solo pit row allots only 3 * 3m per rider, if you want to put your Smart car in that space I guess that's OK, but probably better spent on a marquee.

- Joel

spikenet

Likes Dirt
that was a different race, the Scott :)

This year the solo pit row allots only 3 * 3m per rider, if you want to put your Smart car in that space I guess that's OK, but probably better spent on a marquee.

- Joel
Solo riders have a 3x3 pit PLUS a 8x8m camping spot, so its not unreasonable to think they should be able to park a car next to the tent.

As much as I'd like to think people are generally honest, I'd like my car handy to secure some of my stuff whilst racing.
I cant see why people arriving on Friday or earlier cant do this. I'm happy to not move the car for Sat/Sun.

muvro

Likes Dirt
I've just been searching, but can't find any info.

My sister has just told me that she might not be able to participate in our team.

We're a mixed team of four and if we can't find a female replacement, can we substitute with a male rider and change categories to 4 x male?

Does anyone want to join the team?