SCOTT 24 hour 2010

T-Rex

Template denier
So it looks like my rear shock has developed a leak somewhere, it's 4 days away from race day, what are the odds of getting it rebuilt on sat morning?

it is a FoxFloat R AVA
Give Simon at TBSM a call, he's used to working under pressure!

rideabike

Likes Bikes
For those guys who have ridden some or all of the teams track... what's your estimate on an average lap time?

And for comparison, what was last years? Somewhere in the vicinity of an hour..?
Not sure what last years was, but we did a ride on Monday of the marked course (Inc party line) and was just on the 1hour. Hit some sections pretty solidly, but mostly just a cruisey pace for fire roads etc.. The average lap time I would estimate come race day would be around the hour mark, with quicker riders pushing 45-50min and those there for fun anywhere up to 1:30

Hope that's somewhat useful

drew.d

Likes Bikes
Thanks, that's useful. That's quicker than I thought it would be... but that's good news. :D

I thought someone said that track length was up around 18km? Was that about right?

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
Thanks, that's useful. That's quicker than I thought it would be... but that's good news. :D

I thought someone said that track length was up around 18km? Was that about right?
I'm not sure about actual kms, but the course imho will flow better this year with plenty of fireroad overtaking room, the ascent is not steep, short and punchy and the track is in great condition. It should be a wonderful spectacle at night to see so many riders out over the mountain.

JD26

Likes Dirt
my ratio was kilometre based!

I think you may have the middle part incorrectly labelled (wholly) as fireroad trail.

They have cut a new section in that runs parallel to the fireroad, after you descend 'Little Seymour'.

It then pops out onto the fireroad just above the trailhead to 'double dissolution'.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
They have cut a new section in that runs parallel to the fireroad, after you descend 'Little Seymour'.
Is it open and usable yet? I'm heading out there shortly, will try and ride it (and maybe track it on my Garmin..)

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
Where did you get the course map from? Scott24hr.com.au still says it will be posted 2 weeks before... but its not!

Can anyone confirm the NO CARS in campsites rule?? They've always said this I thought, but it's never been policed? That really chnages things.
1. Read the News on the Scott website - course maps available.
2. Read the comments about cars in above thread in RB ...... sounds like it very much will be enforced.

rideabike

Likes Bikes
Ok - have put the answer up in the news section.
Thanks for posting up. Is there any word on security for this car park? Will there be patrols going round?

(Acknowledge it's not happening) But guess another advantage of bringing the car into your designated campsite is you can lock things in it, and watch over it. Leaving it up in that main car park you may want to reconsider what you leave inside it.

Cheers

Last edited:

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Thanks for posting up. Is there any word on security for this car park? Will there be patrols going round?
There is security out there from the time the event village opens. As to where its going to be patrolling, can all the criminals who read Rotorburn not read the next sentence please ... :rolleyes:

Blingerific

Likes Dirt
Firetrail

my ratio was kilometre based!

I think you may have the middle part incorrectly labelled (wholly) as fireroad trail.

It then pops out onto the fireroad just above the trailhead to 'double dissolution'.
Makin' Trax finished Willow's Trail yesterday arvo and we marked it as part of the course, hopefully some rain overnight has helped bed it in. You pop out of Little Seymore (the gutter will get filled in soon BTW) and have ~50m on fireroad before a short pinch up and into Willow's Trail. Unfortunately the really wet weather of September means we haven't been able to connect it to Wombat Junction. The trail will be dedicated on Thursday, time TBA.

Fire road in the teams course;
- The ride from the end of Willow's Trail (at the top of Double Dissolution) to Deep Creek,
- Terminal Velocity,
- The final teams descent to the 4X track is an old trail for laying a gas/electricity service which we are using as SFP/TVE asked that we don't use Wattle Happen in reverse, and
- About 50m from Fenceline (behind the DH track) to the beginning of Homeview Junction climb :)

Most of the trails the teams will be on have plenty of good overtaking opportunities. From previous years people's abilities to make use of them are the issue, but I'll put that in my rider's brief for Saturday morning...

Cheers!
Mullet
Who may have to change his fee to per zip-tie tied and tomato stake driven in...