Scott 24 Hr 2012

Delbs

Likes Dirt
Many people from here register for Scott 24 hr 2012 at Stromlo? Have not seen much talk on here about it so i thought id start up a thread.

I've been riding pretty regularly out at Stromlo to get the fitness up but always need more. Although its my first 24 hour race so i'm not expecting to be a serious contender, just going there to have some fun with mates really.

Anyone else signing up to have some exhausting fun?

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
yeah ive got a team of three entered was wondering whether or not there is any course info out??
3? ouch

I saw a post with a strava run around a purported scott tracks, with times, profiles etc - thought gee I'll have a look at that tomorrow, and the post seemed to disappear, couldnt find it anywhere - not sure if it was here or another site.

Anyways, looking forward to it, though I'll probably be running the least tricky lap to protect an injury.

Delbs

Likes Dirt
Im entering a team of 6, we all ride DH fairly regularly so XC is fairly new to us, only been training for the past 2 months. Hmm yeah im waiting on the course layout too

So far pretty keen on the XC racing, going to sign up for the Mont next year also :)

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
The Scott course is only officially published a couple of weeks out from the race. This is because much of it uses tracks not normally allocated to MTB on Stromlo, or tracks ridden in the opposite direction to normal, and we do not want people conflicting with other park users.

HerdingCats

Likes Dirt
Herding Cats - The First Decade

So it's a bit of a milestone for our team. We've had team Herding Cats riding the Mont/Scott since 2003. From the big freeze in that year, to the wet of 2005, to the joy of riding at Stromlo, we've had a crack, with teams varying from six, to four, to three, sometimes two (accidentally with no shows) and even a couple of solo riders.

To celebrate, we arced up some jerseys and knicks from Guangzhou.

Herding Cats - established 2003, proudly Podium Free.

Be gentle as you pass us and be warned - the knicks are a tad translucent ... should keep you on your toes ...

HerdingCats.jpg

Stons

Likes Dirt
Mornin' all.

Really looking forward to my second trip up to the Scott 24 hour. Just wondering when the course details may be available... I note the trail leaks on FB, but I assume the course wont be finalised exactly until rider numbers are confirmed when rego closes this Friday?

Le Matelot

Last Chance to Enter

This from CORC:

The extended entries period to the Scott Australian 24 Hour Mountain Bike Championships will close on Friday September 28th, this will be the 14th anniversary of the CORC 24 Hour Race.

If you’ve got some mates then get a team together and come hang out at Stromlo Forest Park on the weekend on October 13th and 14th. If you fancy a challenge race solo against World and National Champion Jason English and UK Champion Matt Page. If you’ve got no mates then volunteer and make some new mates, simply email volunteers@corc.asn.au.

All the event and entry details are available or you can go direct to the online entry system.

A word from the CORC President – Sarah O’Callaghan: "Canberra Off Road Cyclists is a not-for-profit club and we have been running the Scott 24 Hour in various guises since 1999 making it Australia’s longest running 24. The Scott as it is affectionately known is the major fundraiser for CORC and organized these days entirely by volunteers. The Scott allows the club to run and support some 60 racing and social riding events in the Canberra region each year, run our junior and women’s rider development programs, support riders racing at national and international levels, advocate trail access and provide funding for building new trails and maintaining old ones, this year we have completed the construction of the Gungahlin Dirt Jumps, and contributed to the Playground at Stromlo Forest Park. If you only race a few events each year, support the club that supports you and make sure you race the Scott!"

Its amazing how many people we've run into out at Stromlo in the last week who are "doing the Scott" but haven't got their entry in yet !

Last edited:

macboy

Likes Dirt
Who's racing?

Is there an entry list out there somewhere? Just wondering who to expect kicking around solo?

macboy

Likes Dirt
You making a comeback to solo 24s mate? :)
Ha ha, when pigs fly maybe? No mate, just curious. I've got to get my arse back into shape just to be able to catch you first before I worry about any other shenanigans.

Are you Yowieing?

Le Matelot

Entry Lists

Is there an entry list out there somewhere? Just wondering who to expect kicking around solo?
Working on it now - we have had a late influx of requests after the 24Hr category was cancelled in the Surfcoast event (late October) earlier today due to low 24 hour entry numbers.

While the Scott has closed for online entries, if you were planning on 24 at the Surfcoast, and still want to do a 24, email me. Remember, you can still do the Surfcoast in the 3/6/12 Hr categories - its only the 24Hr category that is not running.

Last solo compilation I did is attached (but its 10 days old). To that, add UK Champ Matt Page, possibly Canada's Cory Wallace and a bloke named English from Port Macquarie, and Karen Evans in the Women.

View attachment Scott Solo Entries 21Sep2012.xls

Last edited:

johndh

Likes Dirt
Russ can we get the teams entries also or where can I find them.
This is my first Scott 24hr since it has been at Stromlo, catch you there.

Le Matelot

Russ can we get the teams entries also or where can I find them. This is my first Scott 24hr since it has been at Stromlo, catch you there.
I will have them up late tonight (very late tonight). Going through all the off-line entries and changes now. They will go up on the Scott website, and I will put a link straight to them from here as well.

Thos Solo entries I put up are about 11 days old and they were also only the online entries - so I created a lot more work for myself answering all the "where am I" questions from people who entered offline. But - your team of 4 in the 40+ is in. Trust me :evil:

Last edited:

johndh

Likes Dirt
On there Scot website now , track looks quite good, question for someone who knows the tracks, what time will an average rider take to complete both laps?