Scott 24hr 2009

shineslike

Likes Bikes
kinda off topic, but a nice side effect of me spending the weekend crewing for soloists, and meeting some rad xc cyclists, is that i am finding myself inspired to ride my bike lots more, and to upskill. maybe this time a year from now i will be riding in the scott, instead of just crewing... although crewing was a pretty ace way to spend the weekend.

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
• yelling 'skids are for kids' at all the riders locking it up for corners
yeah, i think you got me with that once. i was a little to hot into one of the corners between the last long fireroad and the mud pit. i was embarrassed. skids are for wet golf course fairways and maccas carparks.

• the peoples champion jason english trying to track down who the barfer was
yeah, who was the barfer? the splatter pattern was epic, the sort of thing you expect to see on CSI....

Last edited:

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Just saw the media release of the results on the Scott website.....no mention of the female race at all....only the Men's and 4 man Team. :confused:
This is so typical... we see this type of thing so often at races around the country... so I'm not really surprised.

There is a mention of Jess in the article... and I must also say that at the end of the race, the whole race committee made sure Jess was given her place in the sun, so I can't so anything bad about that.

ebuk

Likes Dirt
yeah, i think you got me with that once. i was a little to hot into one of the corners between the last long fireroad and the mud pit. i was embarrassed. skids are for wet golf course fairways and maccas carparks.
:D. Actually I was surprised that corner wasn't signed. As you would head into the start of the climb you'd see lots of riders over cooking the speed into that corner.

SteppenW

Likes Dirt
The mascot award goes to ...

So who had the best 'mascot' on the switchback climb. I don't recall seeing many (but then of course I was only looking for empty gel packs).

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
I heard Gordo runs a triple dog.
Nahhh, SRAM XX with an 11-23 road cassette and a 50/44 up front :)

Come to think of it... XX running a road compact setup would be a good option for something like the fling... now if only I had drop bars... oh yeah :)

Mascot

So who had the best 'mascot' on the switchback climb. I don't recall seeing many (but then of course I was only looking for empty gel packs).
I suppose you missed our kangaroo on tricycle on the 'evil' climb back to homeview. Can't post the photo, cause I'm a n00b to the forum.

A big thanks to all those involved in the race.

I jumped on my mountain bike 6 weeks ago and for the first time hit some trails to see if our team was up to entering. One lap of Stromlo and I was hooked.

My goal next year is to be able to call "track" on at least one rider.

orchie

Likes Dirt
Highlight for me was seeing Batman come out through the campsite climb around 11.30am Sunday - anyone know who that was?

Grant

dangersean

Likes Bikes
Batman and his mate Evil knevil rode out with my mates in pink capes at that time.. Batman is here on RB know as drew peacock ;-)