Scott 25 Hour - 2013

HerdingCats

Likes Dirt
So the Scott is only a couple of weeks away. Apart from a few race entries for sale, there's not much chatter.

I'm looking forward to it, even with the untold confusion that will follow a change in time due to daylight saving *and* an extra hour of riding. The hourglass course, with roughly 10k loops each, looks great.

A question: has anyone got a copy of the village layout? It's not available on the CORC site.

a

Benduro

Likes Dirt
Weather outlook looks spot on!!!
Fine and low 20's day 5ish @ night.
No snow, rain, frost or quicksand... Should be awesome!

Hooch

Likes Bikes
I will be down there on friday helping Russ and the guys set up. Then out on the track sat/sunday as track sweep.
looking forward to seeing you guys out there racing.
:hail:

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Scott 25 hour 2013 Rider Info Booklet and Entry Lists

Here 'tis ... had to put it up in 2 parts due to file size.

View attachment CORC 2013 25hr Event program LoRes pp_1_12.pdf
View attachment CORC 2013 25hr Event program LoRes pp_13_24.pdf

And here are the entry lists as of 30 Sep. Lots of team changes since then, so if you have emailed me about a change, I'm onto it. Also, still lots fo blanks where teams have not completed their rider lists. Only way to fix that now is to email them to me.

View attachment Scott_2013_Category_Summary.pdf
View attachment Scott_2013_Riders_by_Name.pdf
View attachment Scott_2013_Riders_by_Number.pdf
View attachment Scott_2013_Riders_by_Category.pdf

Last edited:

Rookie

Likes Dirt
I don't understand how it is a 25hr race. If the clock goes forward one hour at midnight you lose one hour. You started one hour early, so doesn't that make it 24hrs?

mtb_ts

Likes Bikes
Village layout hardly changes each year. It's a doddle.

On another note, I'm needing to get down there from Sydney area (not with bike) and join the event crew if anyone can share a seat in their car.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
I don't understand how it is a 25hr race. If the clock goes forward one hour at midnight you lose one hour. You started one hour early, so doesn't that make it 24hrs?
from the corc webpage...
the race starts at 1100 Saturday and finishes at 1300 Sunday to give you the 25 hours.

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
The good.

Both Blue & read lap were sensational.
reduced field meant a lot less road trains. In fact I didn't come past one single road train all weekend. ( with road trains I mean likle 15 riders bunched up.)
camping was sensational.
no ques for the showers.
no ques for the toilet either.
fantastic mild weather. for Canberra standards.
Food was quick, fairly priced too, Loved the Pizzas.
loved the pancakes too....and so did the kids.

The Bad.

man those Baristas need to lift thier game. Coffee was like inertnational roast with milk. If it means I have to pay $0.50 more for a coffee next year I would be more than happy to. Cyclists are a spoilt lot. Perhaps those baristas need to take a page out of the Mont.
Where was fox to set up my suspension for me????? LOL

We had a great weekend. yes Numbers were down.....don't know why but I didn't mind not having to que up for a shower, The toilets didn't smell either.
& the trails were really, really awesome this year. and that.....plus the atmosphere is why I go.

Last edited:

HerdingCats

Likes Dirt
So another Scott complete.

Lots to like about the event - the track design was sensational, with oodles of room and only minor bottlenecks at the start. The RED and BLUE lap each had their own quirks, with slightly shorter laps this year you could iron out runs improving with each circuit.

Neither of our teams of three (Herding Cats and Herding Cats Again) suffered any aggro on the track: really good track etiquette all round. Thanks to everyone who passed us so kindly!

The weather was perfect, with only a few drops falling on Saturday evening.

We had oodles of fun trying to work out what to do with the CORC trinket handed out at the finish.

All up, a cracking good weekend, and lots of kudos to CORC for running it so well.

frensham

Likes Dirt
Given that the solo 24 hour race is on this coming weekend, what is the access to the trails like for the next few days? In particular where would be the best place to park?
(I am assuming that most of the infrastructure from lat weekend will remain in place)

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Given that the solo 24 hour race is on this coming weekend, what is the access to the trails like for the next few days? In particular where would be the best place to park?
There is general riding access to the trails, but please do not adjust any bunting or course arrows! Also, the Australian Defence Force Cycling Championships are on at Stromlo this week so there will be some serious racing at times.

For parking, we would prefer that, from Thursday, you parked in the "small half" of the carpark - which is the one where the large toilet and shower trucks are.

(I am assuming that most of the infrastructure from last weekend will remain in place)
Good assumption.