Sealant? What does the best job

herbman

Likes Dirt
Hi

Have been running tubeless for years.

Have manly used stans goo, as it has worked well but in last year I have have a few tire slashes and holes that it would have worked well in the past but now it just seems to bubble or spray out without pluging the hole.

I have also made my own goo but I really don't have the time at the moe to track down the stuff.

So what out there is better than Stan's?

Thanks
Brent

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I run Stans in one set and Rubena in another.

The Rubena seems to stay liquid longer and like summit said, I haven't got the booger in the Rubena set yet and they're probably a week apart from each other. I've had to top up the Stans set once already because of this.

I'll be going with more Rubena when the time comes to re buy.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Tried shit loads, home brew, pure latex... Just go stans.

Even bought some Schwalbe Blue... read the box, Made by Stans.

Buy from Ze Germans, bike discount .de or the like, once you have the postage covered with cheap other shit... add the tubeless gunk, free then for extra loading, half the price of here.

BTW I buy from Pushys and BikeBug about 90% now, but they just dont cut it on some euro prices.

But be prepared to wait.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've used the Rubena tyre sealant with great results, it is liquidy as said before. It does dry out fast if you leave the tyre deflated for a long period of time, like when your bike is unused or in storage. I usually add 80mls in per new tyre and another thing I noticed with it is that if you get a large hole in the tyre keep spinning the wheel or it will just spray all the sealant out of the hole and not seal.

Minlak

custom titis
Trucker Co is what I am using currently. I haven't really put it to the test but it even sealed up my stans injector that I use to put it in through the valves. Meant to have less amonia than stans too.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Schwalbe Blue here. As Ozzy said above I also get it from bike24, bike discount etc. it costs bugger all that way...

herbman

Likes Dirt
Trucker Co is what I am using currently. I haven't really put it to the test but it even sealed up my stans injector that I use to put it in through the valves. Meant to have less amonia than stans too.

Did you get the trucker co sealant locally or order direct

Minlak

custom titis
Did you get the trucker co sealant locally or order direct
A guy in town does big Truckerco orders from time to time I just asked him to get me some next time he ordered. I think its a little on the pricey side if you just want 1 item.

stirk

Burner
Product review?

Never had any luck with glitter, other than making the goo pink (red glitter) and when i did get a hole I had a sparkly spray of pink goo.

Ended up buying some orange seal and we will see how that goes........
How does the orange seal stuff go?

Is it good at sealing sidewalls and easy to clean out unlike Stans?

Anyone got a long term review on it?

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Been getting excellent results with joes sealant and the new e13 'tyre plasma'
I'm real curious about the e-thirteen plasma - I read somewhere that it's the shizzle.
.....mtnbikes direct has it, but only in the little pouches. Haven't seen it online much....

hakka

Likes Dirt

I put some in the stumpy at the start of the year, went out to the shed earlier today and found 2 flats (rode through some bindis on the way home the other night), pulled the tyres off and they were completely dry.

I'll probably use the rest up and go back to stans, that seems to last a bit longer.

stirk

Burner
I put some in the stumpy at the start of the year, went out to the shed earlier today and found 2 flats (rode through some bindis on the way home the other night), pulled the tyres off and they were completely dry.

I'll probably use the rest up and go back to stans, that seems to last a bit longer.
Thanks for the real person experience. Maybe stick with the Stans then.

Flow-Rider

Burner

I switched over to orange but haven't opened it back up to see what it looks like in there. It must seal pretty well because I would have toped up with air every week but now around the 2 week mark. Are you still running the Tomahawk on the rear because I've never had one leak on the side wall yet ?

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
I switched over to orange but haven't opened it back up to see what it looks like in there. It must seal pretty well because I would have toped up with air every week but now around the 2 week mark. Are you still running the Tomahawk on the rear because I've never had one leak on the side wall yet ?
Running a new tomahawk and she's leaky, goes from 22psi to under 10 in a week, so probably just need to top it up. Aggressor on the front doesn't leak much by comparison.