AM Second Time Lucky (Craftworks FRX V2)

Lucaw

Next in line
If you want to go to 170mm I have an airshaft that I'm about to liberate out of a Yari, would happily swap for your 150 airshaft...
Plus I'm in Hobart so no postages required
What air shaft is it? Like is it just the standard Yari one, or is it a debonair or something

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Are any f them the right size for this frame? You don't want another seat tube disaster...

If so, any will be great but you already have a sweet shock on there. I'd focus on other areas of the bike or fleet for best return on dollars spent.

Lucaw

Next in line
I’m currently running a 9mm spacer in the dhx to prevent the tyre hiting the seat tube so I could do that to any of the shocks. My problem with the dhx is that it’s not progressive enough and I think there is air in the rebound circuit so the compression doesn’t work and the rebound kind of does.
Which would be the more progressive of the 2?

moorey

call me Mia
I’m currently running a 9mm spacer in the dhx to prevent the tyre hiting the seat tube so I could do that to any of the shocks. My problem with the dhx is that it’s not progressive enough and I think there is air in the rebound circuit so the compression doesn’t work and the rebound kind of does.
Which would be the more progressive of the 2?
Tried cranking up the bottom out dial?

moorey

call me Mia
The Old DhX air 5 punched above their weight for their time. Maybe it just doesn’t suit your frame? Pumping up the air in the piggyback is really only going to affect the low speed compression with your pro pedal lever flicked on.

Lucaw

Next in line
The Old DhX air 5 punched above their weight for their time. Maybe it just doesn’t suit your frame? Pumping up the air in the piggyback is really only going to affect the low speed compression with your pro pedal lever flicked on.
Yeah, my pro pedal doesn’t work. I tried turning the bottom out with some multi grips, but it just started to unscrew it

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You could perhaps get the dhx5 serviced and a few volume spares inserted. As @moorey has suggested, they were a great shock.

If you want a new one, I'd get the cane creek and jam it funny of spacers.