Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This thread is due a rebirth! Are people getting dumber or stupider? I can t tell which. Huge space, about 1m away, cleared for people to congregate...nah fuck that lets all congregate on the busy trail. Kids, teenagers, young adults, old adults...fucking hell!!! Apparently politely asking people to clear the way is frowned upon? You cock brains aren't meant to be congregating anyway!!!

Flow-Rider

Burner
This thread is due a rebirth! Are people getting dumber or stupider? I can t tell which. Huge space, about 1m away, cleared for people to congregate...nah fuck that lets all congregate on the busy trail. Kids, teenagers, young adults, old adults...fucking hell!!! Apparently politely asking people to clear the way is frowned upon? You cock brains aren't meant to be congregating anyway!!!
I've avoided the local trails here but if it was a mess with the self-centred before the Covid, then I can only imagine what it will be like now.
I've been informed that the Aldi & Woollie MTBs are selling like toilet paper.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a moment today on Follow Me at Lysterfield.
I ride it all the time so I'm familiar with it.

At the top I've left a clear 5 mins before riding down it as I get to the max speed section there's a guy, no helmet with two kids under the age of 5 on balance bikes. He's on something entirely unsuited to the trail even for someone with talent who knows it well.

Thankfully I saw him well in advance but didn't chastise him as I knew if I kicked off there's a chance for backchat which may have pushed me over my tolerance for his idiocy.

The only saving grace for him was that as he doesn't use his head for thinking, there's no need for a helmet.

I hope the kids inherited their mothers intelligence.

Flow-Rider

Burner

At the top I've left a clear 5 mins before riding down it as I get to the max speed section there's a guy, no helmet with two kids under the age of 5 on balance bikes. He's on something entirely unsuited to the trail even for someone with talent who knows it well.

Thankfully I saw him well in advance but didn't chastise him as I knew if I kicked off there's a chance for backchat which may have pushed me over my tolerance for his idiocy.

The only saving grace for him was that as he doesn't use his head for thinking, there's no need for a helmet.

I think it's best to turn down the pace and assume there's fuckwits on every blind piece of trail in these times. Sometimes I really don't understand the MTB industry, like some of my local trails have double rollers of table tops but then allow people with kids to ride up them in reverse.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think it's best to turn down the pace and assume there's fuckwits on every blind piece of trail in these times. Sometimes I really don't understand the MTB industry, like some of my local trails have double rollers of table tops but then allow people with kids to ride up them in reverse.
Even if they were a 1 way trail, morons will still come up backwards. A few weeks ago I was all manners and helpful towards the noobs out in force. I'm pretty over it now.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Trails were chocoblok with rolling speedhumps today! Several groups stopped in the middle of the trail and the cherry on the cake jogger with kid on balance bike and a dog coming the worng way up a bike only trail :) Fortunately visibility was ok on that section as kids was right in the middle of the trail and I was doing 25-30km a few hundred metres beforehand.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Encountered the same activewear wearing couple with the same 2 off leash dogs going the wrong way on a single direction trail over the space of 3 days. Was pretty close the last time, but I'll guarantee the next time I'm going to clobber you're fkn spaniels with a combination of a magic mary and some saint pedals.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Encountered the same activewear wearing couple with the same 2 off leash dogs going the wrong way on a single direction trail over the space of 3 days. Was pretty close the last time, but I'll guarantee the next time I'm going to clobber you're fkn spaniels with a combination of a magic mary and some saint pedals.
... and a foot out, flat out? ;)
At least the MM tyre should grip well when rolling over the corona zombies.

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt

Ive had a lot of incidents like that at Lysty over the years,

it seems to attract those types for whatever reason,

one day I had a lady walking up snipe with a group of handicap kids as i was coming down , i had to go off the trail , luckily escaped injury,

And on saturday , same trail , as i was approaching at speed , could see a guy pushing a baby in a pusher down it , I braked , didnt enter, yelled out , mate thats for bikes only not pedestrians , he answered in a accent that sounded like french, I jus want to get to my car ,and kept going .

I waited at the top for 5 mins until i thought he was gone , still cant figure out where he had his car

Last edited:

Mr Adonis

Likes Bikes
had a 'nice' encounter yesterday.
Along Eastern Freeway, In Balwyn Nth, there is a bit of narrow single track. My 2 kids were in front, when i heard them ringing the bell like crazy. A dog just in front of them had decided to stop still, blocking the path, kids couldnt even go around.
Dog owner blasted us for riding our bikes there, telling us that we were scaring his dog with the bell, and we should just go around it.
I pointed out to him that there was an adjacent walking trail just below, heaps of space, where he could take his dog, and to stop been such a knob...
And dont get me started to groups of idiots with headphones on, blocking the path, totally oblivious to people yelling at them to move out the f@cking way.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Humph . yes the headphone wearing ,stroller pushing , balance bike , dogs on a stretchy string, shirt off crowds - all 15-20 of you at a time ......

I'm glad the bike path is only 8kms and takes me to the next town where i can disappear onto county gravel roads , the cows, sheep and horses all stay on their side of the fence .
My adventuring is taking me further into the farmland .
Zombie Free Zone

Unfortunatley, people now are of the opinion that the virus is dead and its not fair i can't go out - so they are going out .

BT180

Max Pfaff
I'm almost taking out walkers on a daily basis at Manly Dam. Never seen the local so busy. N00bs on bikes, kids, walkers, joggers all seemingly standing around in the wrong places.