Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

moorey

call me Mia
Moorey knows all in that reguard apparently. Form your own opinion, but remember opinions are like armpits. Everyone has two and sometimes they stimk. Don't realy see what the ole JL done wrong to get banned. Perhaps you should enlighten us.
Wait! What! You're still here? Awkward, thought you'd gone. My bad.
So why the fuck don't the Mods just delete both mine and my brothers account. Delete my account Mods, delete it, I'm out.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
OMV had its share of numpts on the track the other day, from the guy riding his huffy the wrong way around turkey to the dad taking his 4 yr old down turkey to the expert learning his mate and his kids about riding and completely blocking the exit track.

I love riding OMV, I ride there from my joint in about 10 mins. But I live in suburbia and as such it's accessible to all, I've never experienced any numpts at awaba or ourimbah.

I guess I accept it to some degree. Some sections of OMV are fast and blind with little room for error, that stuff is the pure manic joy of riding for me, rounding a corner flat knacker into someone going the wrong way is probably going to change my acceptance level somewhat.

What really grinds my gears though is the complete disregard by noobs for the etiquette of mtbing and the specific rules of the track. With the inter web there ain't no excuse. I suspect my view on this stems from years spent surfing where line ups regulate themselves.
I find the noobs a little more acceptable as sometimes we all learn from our mistakes. It's the people who clearly know what they're doing and have done it for ages still being stupid enough just to sit right on the trail and to stare dumbly as someone approaches.., often at great speed screaming "Holy shiiiit, get out of the waaaaay!!"

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
i was reminded of this recently when i was riding 440 in NZ....
came around a corner into a jump only to find a dad and his son standing on the trail.........
luckily I'm not fully sick enduro,so wasn't going flat dinger,
otherwise i would of tee boned the young bloke..
I'm with SJP,maybe if the noobs new they would cop a gob-full for doing stupid shit, from regular/more experienced riders out there, then maybe they wouldn't do it,just like what happens in the line up

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
26" are for poor people.
All the cards falling into place...

I also see a lot of fat people riding 29ers. I think the ratio of fat rider to fit rider is weighted heavily in the fat riders favour on 29er to a far greater level than with other wheel sizes.

OMV had its share of numpts on the track the other day, from the guy riding his huffy the wrong way around turkey to the dad taking his 4 yr old down turkey to the expert learning his mate and his kids about riding and completely blocking the exit track.

I love riding OMV, I ride there from my joint in about 10 mins. But I live in suburbia and as such it's accessible to all, I've never experienced any numpts at awaba or ourimbah.

I guess I accept it to some degree. Some sections of OMV are fast and blind with little room for error, that stuff is the pure manic joy of riding for me, rounding a corner flat knacker into someone going the wrong way is probably going to change my acceptance level somewhat.

What really grinds my gears though is the complete disregard by noobs for the etiquette of mtbing and the specific rules of the track. With the inter web there ain't no excuse. I suspect my view on this stems from years spent surfing where line ups regulate themselves.
I bring lots of noob to the party...Ourimbah is a noob Mecca. So many Skid Marks and crash signs in wierd places on the dh and am trails there. And so much erosion because of it.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
26" are for poor people.
100% correct......
that's why it only cost me 2500 for both my bikes (one carbon one ally) and exactly the reason upgrading to11 speed will only cost me a pittance when all you kool-aid drinkers buy 12 speed....:boink:

Marx

Likes Dirt
Trail gumbies sitting on the trail are about as considerate as local wildlife, so I cool it if I can't eyeball the bit of trail I want to smoke down.

Humans out there are out of their usual environment in the bush, so it's not surprising to find some camped out in the worst possible bits of trail.

MARKL

Eats Squid
I have to agree that sometimes it is the experienced riders that take stupid shit to the next level. We were sessioning some jumps on a local down hill trail, which obviously involves stopping and pushing back up said bit of trail. Not an issue for most cause we stop, pull over, take off helmet& goggles and walk back up the trail keeping eye and ear out for other riders, all good. Then candidate for the genius bar decides to show how strong he is by riding up that bit of trail which led to much :rant:

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
Wait! What! You're still here? Awkward, thought you'd gone. My bad.
Haha, still here in dumbdumb land. Think jonny would do what all the cool kids wanted by now. This forum has a lot of good people and info on it, pitty post count whores post so much crap. The crap just is flowing way too much lately and is starting to overtake the good content and some of the mods are as w.a.p.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Haha, still here in dumbdumb land. Think jonny would do what all the cool kids wanted by now. This forum has a lot of good people and info on it, pitty post count whores post so much crap. The crap just is flowing way too much lately and is starting to overtake the good content and some of the mods are as w.a.p.
It was only a matter of time.

Dude, as I said in my banning message, you can either go with the flow or you can fuck off. It's got nothing to do with cool kids or whatever, you act like a dick and I ban you, no more complicated than that (ask Moorey how many times I've banned him in the past when I think he's carried on a bit too much). You've been carrying on like a pork chop for a while now and have been saying "ban me then" and whatever other childish crap. If you don't like it, go away. If you want to just chill and hang around, all good too. Take 7 days to work out what you want and go from there.

Last edited:

madstace

Likes Dirt
Pic from today...a considerate dog owner. Dog off leash, in a state conservation area (no dogs allowed), on a trail originally called No Domestic Pets (due to the large sign)...moron! As soon as that leash was off the dog gave zero fucks what the owner was saying.

View attachment 326529
That's basically a photo essay of every weekend. Too bad the rangers give zero fucks, otherwise you wouldn't see it. I personally don't care if dogs are in there, but having a leash is non-negotiable. The thing I hate about it the most (apart from it not giving you a break from all the fuckwittery you see on Fernleigh) is that I love dogs, and the last thing I want to do is hit one with my bike. The fuckwits who give you a mouthful when you call them out on the other hand....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Easy...I could always make more posts if you like?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's basically a photo essay of every weekend. Too bad the rangers give zero fucks, otherwise you wouldn't see it. I personally don't care if dogs are in there, but having a leash is non-negotiable. The thing I hate about it the most (apart from it not giving you a break from all the fuckwittery you see on Fernleigh) is that I love dogs, and the last thing I want to do is hit one with my bike. The fuckwits who give you a mouthful when you call them out on the other hand....
Yet if I was walking my shovel...the ranger would be very pissed, even if it was on a leash! The place is a magnet for all manner of fuckwits (self included) and sadly just keeps getting more and more crowded with them. But it is so flipping convenient that it is hard to avoid. I don't want to hit a dog, I dont want to be chased by one, but I do love them.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Must be an Easter thing, Gap Creek is usually pretty good, but I've a had few instances this long weekend of groups sitting in the middle of the track and looking at you slack jawed as you approach.

I find the bush walkers on the fire trails to be the worst. They'll spread out across the trail to have a chat (fair enough) but either refuse to move out of the way until you're just about on them or they'll scatter in either direction across the trail.

Treat it like a road! Move to the left and we'll all get along fine.
I have come across a lady pushing one of those prams that you run behind up Rocket Frog.

I'm assuming you're referring to Rocket Frog? I'm wondering if something should be done about the sign at the trails entrance saying 'all trails two way'? Rocket Frog was my first ever single trail and that sign gave me the impression going up was fine :)
Yes mate, RF is a two way trail but it was built many moons ago when the mountain biking population was about 1/8 of the size it is now. It's quite a fast and flowy trail with many blind corners, the main route most people take to get there is Cockatoo, Skink link and Quail trail that meet at the top of RF. Over the years there has been many arguments about turning it into a one way trail but never happened. There is no problem about riding the trail up, you just have to mindful that riders can get a lot of speed on the down and in places it's hard to stop on a dime. For e.g. the little hill at the bottom with the tree root in the middle that everyone jumps and it transitions into a sweeping RH corner.

Last edited:

findbuddha

Likes Bikes
I have come across a lady pushing one of those prams that you run behind up Rocket Frog.

Yes mate, RF is a two way trail but it was built many moons ago when the mountain biking population was about 1/8 of the size it is now. It's quite a fast and flowy trail with many blind corners, the main route most people take to get there is Cockatoo, Skink link and Quail trail that meet at the top of RF. Over the years there has been many arguments about turning it into a one way trail but never happened. There is no problem about riding the trail up, you just have to mindful that riders can get a lot of speed on the down and in places it's hard to stop on a dime, for e.g. the little hill at the bottom with the tree root in the middle that everyone jumps that transitions into the sweeping RH corner.
Cheers for the info :) Yep I'm definitely more conscious about giving way to those coming downhill now than when I first started (Or taking smarter routes to avoid the situation entirely).

DJR

Likes Dirt
Happened to me too on that jump, except there were 4 people on their bikes having a yarn right after the landing. It's the revamped 4X that brings all the traffic around that area. They don't quite understand that the last jump is originally for the DH, not the 4X and they expect you to give way to them while they come off the 4X into the jump and you're flying into it at 40km/h from the DH.
Sounds like time for a bit of extra signage in that area if it's that common

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
I've only had the situation of muppets on the trail a couple times, but they do seem to always pick a blind corner or spot where there isn't room for an escape.

[video=youtube_share;KMno3ZGhKgE]https://youtu.be/KMno3ZGhKgE?t=153[/video]

Watch from 2:35. Just realised the video doesn't post with the specific starting point.

Last edited:

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
What are the legalities if we crash into one of these clowns who are either stopped (without good reason), riding against one way trail, or walking on a signed MTB trail?

There was a vid I saw once of this guy maybe in BC about to launch off a huge skinny and saw someone standing in the landing zone but he couldn't stop quickly enough to eat shit big time to avoid hitting the other guy.
I'd hate to find out...

Technically if you can't stop, your riding out of control and if they are stationary it's you that has hit them.

But, many sections of trail with blind corners and features you can't see past, it would be really easy for anyone to hit someone even if you were taking reasonable precautions, if you got out of bed on the wrong side that day.

MARKL

Eats Squid
I've only had the situation of muppets on the trail a couple times, but they do seem to always pick a blind corner or spot where there isn't room for an escape.
Can we have a new edit? Shorter, some music (think Jaws) that builds as we come to the muppet in the middle of the trail before you go all chuck norris on him?

Cheers