Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I came across someone walking a dog down Kurrajong way today. Definitely a MTB trail. Fortunately not going as fast as Wyn
I had the same thing happen last time I was out there. Fortunately the nice old lady at least had the sense to get herself and the dog off the trail as I came down off the rock 'wall ride' down the bottom.

Z

Zaf

Headphones, no helmet, barefoot and not checking before crossing a marked track. You almost want to put pedals strokes in for that collision.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I don't know, sometimes I even feel sorry for stupid people. They don't realise that what they are doing is dumb and dangerous and if they did they probably wouldn't be doing it. That dude clearly is not an MTBER and the barefoot with bags along with the paunch doesn't make me as angry at him as it would if he was a proper trail rider who should know better.

Dude looks like a 50 year old virgin, his problems are bigger than Sam's.

mellow

Banned
Forkingreat ?

Forkingreat says lock the gate ? You are a fucking idiot. I lock the gate and no one accesses . No one. We own the place. Just act like you have an ounce of common sense. Ask me how I will enforce it. Licensed to open carry on private property. 24 tonne excavator to bury you dickhead. Ride slow around livestock, shut the fucking gate. Townie.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Why wouldn't the dicks standing around tell him to get out of the way ?

I keep on coming across a young wanker that leaves his bike laying down on the ground in front of a bridge that leads back into the main trail head car park. Not sure if he thinks the carpark is his bedroom but one day he will catch me in a bad mood and I will throw it straight over the bridge. There's a whole empty carpark and he leaves his bike in front of the main entrance to the park.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Recently had ten thousand dollar, yeti mounted fuckwit, give me mouth ( I'm a club member bla fucking bla ), about me stopping in my ute, to politely ask him to leave the gate how he found it next time ( closed ).

Leaving our private property.

Some self entitled fuckwits out there that think because you ride a fancy bike you have some sort of privilege. Or because in some fucking club, and give a gold coin ( that goes to the club ).

How much rubbish do you reckon I pick up. How fast do cockheads go, despite a 15km sign. Do skiddies on the dirt road. That we own. A bike on a car gives you no special rights.

Fucking Townies.
Forkingreat says lock the gate ? You are a fucking idiot. I lock the gate and no one accesses . No one. We own the place. Just act like you have an ounce of common sense. Ask me how I will enforce it. Licensed to open carry on private property. 24 tonne excavator to bury you dickhead. Ride slow around livestock, shut the fucking gate. Townie.
Wow. Thanks for the angry rant and what appears to be a thinly veiled death threat involving firearms from a person who also admits to mental health issues . Also thanks for the Lack of context (re land use) to your original rant and needlessly abusive followup.

Enjoy your Cancer, 'Mellow,' you deserve it mate! :thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Recently had ten thousand dollar, yeti mounted fuckwit, give me mouth ( I'm a club member bla fucking bla ), about me stopping in my ute, to politely ask him to leave the gate how he found it next time ( closed ).

Leaving our private property.

Some self entitled fuckwits out there that think because you ride a fancy bike you have some sort of privilege. Or because in some fucking club, and give a gold coin ( that goes to the club ).

How much rubbish do you reckon I pick up. How fast do cockheads go, despite a 15km sign. Do skiddies on the dirt road. That we own. A bike on a car gives you no special rights.

Fucking Townies.
Huh, did I miss something??
Yes, I think ya did.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've calmed down enough to write this now.
If anyone knows Follow Me at Lysterfield they'll get this.
Basically for those who don't, it's a fun, mildly gravity fed one way trail with LOADS of trees everywhere either side of the trail. It's not wide, there's precious little run off and only a sniff at "b" lines. Basically it's got speed if you want it, but if you come off you're hitting a tree most likely.

I'm hooking along and on one of the doubles my foot unclips mid air. I land it after getting it back in and pat myself in the back. Decide to stop, get well off the trail and compose myself as I was probably doing about 35km/h (who knows..)

I'm about to get back on the bike to ride down the rest of it after having checked the direction I had come from, clip one foot in and set off to find a guy pedalling UP the trail, the wrong way cheerily asking "Is this the way to the start of Follow Me?"

It took every ounce of restraint not to choke the life out of him and ditch the body in the lake.

A few choice words explained how lucky he was I'd stopped as we'd both be in hospital.
Morons... they're just everywhere and you can scarcely avoid them.

Z

Zaf

I have something to add after my ride tonight. Came across a father and son duo, no helmets, no lights or warm gear as it was getting dark and late out on the trails. We had just entered a bit of the shared trail that is ledge cut, you really don't want to slip off the lower side of the trail because it's a lot of uneven rocks.
I slowed down and just slotted in behind them, it's not a long section and it opens out after 30m so I could overtake there. The lad got a little startled when he heard me say hi and that I'd pass where it was safe and just to go at his pace. The dad had taken off ahead, and we round a little bend just in time to watch him tomahawk himself of the edge.
Thankfully beyond some grazed hands and knees he was alright. But I got a bit pissed at him for not wearing a helmet and putting that burden on other people. It really could have been a million times worse if he'd rung his bell on any of those rocks.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've calmed down enough to write this now.
If anyone knows Follow Me at Lysterfield they'll get this.
Basically for those who don't, it's a fun, mildly gravity fed one way trail with LOADS of trees everywhere either side of the trail. It's not wide, there's precious little run off and only a sniff at "b" lines. Basically it's got speed if you want it, but if you come off you're hitting a tree most likely.

I'm hooking along and on one of the doubles my foot unclips mid air. I land it after getting it back in and pat myself in the back. Decide to stop, get well off the trail and compose myself as I was probably doing about 35km/h (who knows..)

I'm about to get back on the bike to ride down the rest of it after having checked the direction I had come from, clip one foot in and set off to find a guy pedalling UP the trail, the wrong way cheerily asking "Is this the way to the start of Follow Me?"

It took every ounce of restraint not to choke the life out of him and ditch the body in the lake.

A few choice words explained how lucky he was I'd stopped as we'd both be in hospital.
Morons... they're just everywhere and you can scarcely avoid them.
That is a close call! I had one similar recently. Friend and I were off bike assessing the gap of doom to sharp right hander, trying to figure out just how fast we could push it and not come unstuck in the turn. It is a fast section but I tend to ease up coming into the gap to prevent getting hammered. As we are talking some twat on an xc hard tail is putting up the trail. Now to get to us he had to deviate from a climbing trail and come up to 2 fallen trees...on the up side there is a kicker on each, from his side (and we witnessed him do this at the closest) he has to unclipped, climb over the tree, clip back in. The trail is obviously for downward riding! He putts past us and does a similar move to get around the gap of doom!

I decide I should say something (and out of the ordinary I tried polite and calm), because if he came around that corner as someone was hitting the gap there would be a lot of carnage. He simply did not have any ability to comprehend the issue! None...none at all.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow that was close. I wouldn't have stayed quiet.
I know there's that famous quote from HG Wells no longer despairing for the future of mankind every time he saw an adult riding a bike, but one wonders if he saw natural selection thinning the herd from the bottom up rather than bike riders being enlightened...

slowmick

38-39"
there are signs at the bottom of follow me (last time i was there in 2016) that said do not enter, one way trail. you get all sorts at lysterfield though. Worst i have seen on follow me was a group of around 20 trail runners coming up the trail towards me at the drop after the first two corners...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
there are signs at the bottom of follow me (last time i was there in 2016) that said do not enter, one way trail. you get all sorts at lysterfield though. Worst i have seen on follow me was a group of around 20 trail runners coming up the trail towards me at the drop after the first two corners...
Skittles!!! I haven't had trouble with those dumb arseholes around here since the 1 incident. I guess they learnt their lesson!