Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

BT180

Max Pfaff
there are signs at the bottom of follow me (last time i was there in 2016) that said do not enter, one way trail. you get all sorts at lysterfield though. Worst i have seen on follow me was a group of around 20 trail runners coming up the trail towards me at the drop after the first two corners...
No excuses in that case then.

We have an ever increasing trail runner presence on the Northern Beaches too. At least at Narra they run down the up track and not up the down track! They all yell 'Bike, bike!' and jump off the trail when you approach them, which I guess is an acknowledgment that they're on 'our' trails.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Forkingreat says lock the gate ? You are a fucking idiot. I lock the gate and no one accesses . No one. We own the place. Just act like you have an ounce of common sense. Ask me how I will enforce it. Licensed to open carry on private property. 24 tonne excavator to bury you dickhead. Ride slow around livestock, shut the fucking gate. Townie.
Thanks so much for your valuable input over all this time. We really enjoy sipping our morning coffee and reading about people threatening to shoot other member's and bury them. Top effort. :violin:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
People tend to chill out a little after they've been banned for carrying on.

Not Bermshot, his fuckwittery grew by orders of magnitude.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
People tend to chill out a little after they've been banned for carrying on.

Not Bermshot, his fuckwittery grew by orders of magnitude.
I wonder if it was not so much that it grew, but more that he had some much untold truth to share at the end of the holiday? The burden of holding such complex knowledge and all our eyes needing to be opened would leave anybody feeling like a shaken beer patiently waiting for that hand to reach into the esky and boooooom! Beerkaki party for you.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No excuses in that case then.

We have an ever increasing trail runner presence on the Northern Beaches too. At least at Narra they run down the up track and not up the down track! They all yell 'Bike, bike!' and jump off the trail when you approach them, which I guess is an acknowledgment that they're on 'our' trails.
Yeah, I don't generally find problems with trail runners. They're basically doing what we do, sans bike, & find there's some sort of unspoken mutual understanding there.

A few years back I was flying down the back side of Kurrajong at the You Yangs. The trail threads through some trees then opens out to a wide fast section with 3 small tables. There is a load of space for less confident riders to avoid said tables on either side, but the group of 6 trail runners in front of me on that day decided to run over the jumps, blocking my run in. No danger to anyone but it was bloody irritating at the time. They didn't even get any air...

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Yeah, I don't generally find problems with trail runners. They're basically doing what we do, sans bike, & find there's some sort of unspoken mutual understanding there.

A few years back I was flying down the back side of Kurrajong at the You Yangs. The trail threads through some trees then opens out to a wide fast section with 3 small tables. There is a load of space for less confident riders to avoid said tables on either side, but the group of 6 trail runners in front of me on that day decided to run over the jumps, blocking my run in. No danger to anyone but it was bloody irritating at the time. They didn't even get any air...
Fookin' idiots. I love those three tables.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmmm, so Mellow you have a licensed firearm and are making threats and you've given away your exact location... can't see you keeping your firearms for long!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
That reminds me, a big ol' howdy ho to the gentleman with his two young boys (both wearing full-face helmets in the heat; not the best choice on a long, climby trail) parked in the middle of Hug at Lysterfield last Sunday. Solid work there, Pop.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Another gaggle of dipshits standing on the covered bridge at Stromlo on the weekend... I'm going to have to make a "No Stopping" sign.

Reactions: sc.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With our small population this issue isn't a huge problem on the trails I ride most but I've had occasion to speak to people about it. I don't go full road rage but do make it crystal clear with people who should know better, that they should GTFO of the way. With kids I'll just say "hey kids don't block the track" by which time it has already clicked and they are scrambling out of the way. Bushwalkers and trail runners I've met could be counted on one hand and got out of the way, and I pass them with a friendly G'day. I hate it when I've worked hard at getting faster and better and some numpty kills the flow. I don't care about Strava, it's just that faster is funner

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This old chestnut...fuck I get sick of asking people to move to the side of the trail at the local dirt lumps! For fuck sake cock brains I know you want to loiter and watch the sickness, but have you thought you might be able to take 1.4 steps off the line????

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
He was a bad man, no doubt; but I don't believe in summary execution.

Trump's explanation of the process was pretty strange. I genuinely don't think he e joys violence.