Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Even tried climbing heartbreaker then down slick rock etc to get away from the noobs last week.....they are out there too

Went to Sparrow yesterday - pleanty of room
I did think of that, will next time. Have been riding Stromlo exclusively for too long, need to get back into the Kowen groove.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've even been having issues on a 3m wide rail trail!
Unfortunately the extra space just gives the morons even more justification to stop in the middle of it for a chat after spotting their mate. Or families of 5 spread across every inch of it. Unleashed dogs running everywhere!

latest tact is to rip a big wheelie as I'm approaching before they see me, amazing how clear the trail becomes quick smart. No bell needed ha ha.
And keeps the kids entertained lol.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Wheelies are a great way to clear the track. Also bogan car drivers love 'em. Instead of the usual yelled abuse you get words of encouragement like "fuck yeah" and "get on it" and lots of car horn tooting. In the beginning it would embarass the wife but now she describes it as "showing off for my fan club".

tobbogonist

a registered member
I am continuously coming across the 'old man with a gnarled stick' brigade. They stand in the middle of the trail and ask me questions about the erosion tyres cause and how many animals I have scared. I caught one eating a mars bar once, we had a rather enjoyable conversation about consumerism until he spat it and told me to bugger off.
The trails are shared so I don't mind as such, i could do without the lectures though.

slowmick

38-39"
Rode a not so open local down hill trail on Sunday morning. In the last third of the trail I came across mum, dad, two kids and what looked like two lions walking up the trail. Luckily the vegetation is sparse at the bottom and i had a good hundred meters to pull up but it was not what i was expecting at 8 in the morning. They were in a good mood and asked if i pushed up or drove around to the top of the hill. I said it was pretty dangerous for them further up where the scrub closes in. They didn't seem fazed. Scary shit.

After googling i think the dogs were Leonbergers - they were flippin massive.

Last edited:

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was at the LBS Saturday and the boys were telling me they have been selling bikes like crazy to all the super swol, gym junkies who now need a new outlet. Will be interesting running into a 120kg steroid fiend on a bad day.
Watching them try and run is quite funny as well. Never done anything other than eat and lift (and juice).
I came across one such knob on the weekend strolling in the middle of a 2 way shared trail with ear buds in. As I came up behind, I said passing on your right. There were people everywhere as we were on a bridge but with plenty enough room for 2 way traffic. This fker just keeps strutting/flexing along ignoring me repeatedly and all the other users moving about to let scooters/bikes/runners go by. Eventually he took his ear buds out and said “I can fucken hear you, you can wait cunt”.. Right in front of young kids and all. I just laughed at him, people like that just aren’t worth engaging with. Sort of fella that is just looking for any reason to fight.. Just such bizarre behaviour with people everywhere..

Rode a not so open local down hill trail on Sunday morning. In the last third of the trail I came across mum, dad, two kids and what looked like two lions walking up the trail. Luckily the vegetation is sparse at the bottom and i had a good hundred meters to pull up but it was not what i was expecting at 8 in the morning. They were in a good mood and asked if i pushed up or drove around to the top of the hill. I said it was pretty dangerous for them further up where the scrub closes in. They didn't seem fazed. Scary shit.

After googling i think the dogs were Leonbergers - they were flippin massive.
Mmmmmmm, Leonburger.

mark22

Likes Dirt
My favourite trick with oncoming riders or walkers that are way over on my side and have clearly seem me but refuse to move on the bike paths around town is to turn my head way to the left while still eyeballing them.
Make em move real quick..when they think your not looking.

mtb1611

Seymour
Watching them try and run is quite funny as well. Never done anything other than eat and lift (and juice).
I came across one such knob on the weekend strolling in the middle of a 2 way shared trail with ear buds in. As I came up behind, I said passing on your right. There were people everywhere as we were on a bridge but with plenty enough room for 2 way traffic. This fker just keeps strutting/flexing along ignoring me repeatedly and all the other users moving about to let scooters/bikes/runners go by. Eventually he took his ear buds out and said “I can fucken hear you, you can wait cunt”.. Right in front of young kids and all. I just laughed at him, people like that just aren’t worth engaging with. Sort of fella that is just looking for any reason to fight.. Just such bizarre behaviour with people everywhere..
What a hero.